Chapter 19: Never, never, never ever let go

Natasha opened her eyes and squinted at the clock. She had slept for at least 6 hours, straight through the morning and into the early afternoon. She smiled softly to herself when she looked down at the woman in her arms and pulled her closer, snuggling her head into her long brown hair and inhaling her sleepy scent. Wanda didn't stir, completely relaxed and peaceful in her deep slumber.

Her stomach grumbled and she gently removed Wanda from her person, slipping out from under the sheets quietly. She looked around for something to wear and settled on the robe that Wanda had discarded on the floor.

Grabbing a piece of scrap paper and a pen from the draw she scribbled a note for Wanda and left it on the bedside table.

Closing the door softly, she padded down the hallway and headed to the elevator.

"FRIDAY? Is anyone in the kitchen?" She asked.

"Good Afternoon Agent Romanoff, I can confirm that the Kitchen area is currently empty. Captain Rogers is in the gym, as is Agent Barton, Mr Stark is off the premises, Mr Wilson and Vision are in the grounds, Captain Danvers is in the meeting room and Ms Maximoff appears to be in your room Agent Romanoff." The AI reeled off.

Natasha could have sworn she heard a smirk in FRIDAY'S voice when she revealed she knew where Wanda was but shrugged it off and pressed the button for the first floor.

20 minutes later, Natasha returned to her room, balancing two plates of waffles, one coffee and one tea very carefully, all without managing to bump into any of her team. Mission complete.

Wanda was already awake, still wrapped up in the duvet, staring at Natasha with tired eyes.

"I thought you'd left" Wanda said, her voice thick with sleep.

Natasha knew the Sokovian had wanted to add the word "again" to the end of her sentence.

"I did... to make us waffles. Did you not see my note?" Natasha asked, placing their breakfast down carefully.

"Waffles?"  Wanda repeated excitedly, fully awake now.

Natasha rolled her eyes.

"You have a one track mind Maximoff" she joked.

"I do not have a one track mind!" Wanda argued, laughing.

"Hmmm OK, I'll take your word for it Little Witch"

"I can prove it"

Natasha arched an eyebrow at her, waiting for her to continue.

"You see, I can't actually decide whether I'd rather eat waffles... or you." Wanda said, looking Natasha straight in the eyes.

Nat almost choked on her coffee. She loved exploring this confident, blunt side of Wanda; it always surprised her.

Natasha realised at that moment that this was one of the reasons she had always left after they'd slept together; because it would be so easy to fall into something neither of them were ready for. They needed to talk at some point, but they'd had such a perception shifting experience in the last week that maybe that could wait. Wanda made Natasha feel human and that's what she needed right now.

"In that case, perhaps the waffles can wait." She responded suggestively, slipping the robe off and sliding back under the sheets.

"They can definitely wait" Wanda murmured as she straddled her.

Natasha's hands roamed over Wanda's back, pulling her down so her breasts were directly above her mouth. She nipped at the creamy, tender flesh and lapped at her hardening nipples with her tongue, eventually taking one into her mouth, sucking as if she was starved and swirling her tongue around the sensitive skin.