Chapter 12: Push me away, push me away

Natasha awoke to a knocking at her door. She hadn't slept until around 4am and it was now 8am.

"Hang on" Natasha shouted, her voice thick with sleep and her red locks tussled.

She opened the door to reveal a fresh faced Wanda Maximoff dressed in workout gear smiling softly at her.

"You didn't show up for training. Is everything ok?" Wanda said, her head tilted, making no mention of the night before.

"Shit, sorry Maximoff, I didn't sleep well" She admitted.

"It is no problem. I thought maybe we could go for a run?" Wanda asked hopefully.

"Sure." Natasha agreed, knowing she would be going for her run anyway.

"Erm, this is for you" Wanda said shyly, biting her lip as she handed Natasha a Bloomingdale's box.

"What is this?" Natasha asked curiously.

"Your present. I told you I had bought you something in the city, it’s not much but..." Wanda trailed off, shrinking under Natasha's intense gaze.

"Oh. I thought you gave me my present last night?" Natasha teased, her lips curling into a smirk.

Wanda blushed furiously.

Natasha opened the box carefully and peeled back the crinkled tissue paper revealing a beautiful silk black robe. She lifted it gently from the box and allowed the cool material to ghost over her skin.

"You loved the one in the Maldives so I just thought..." Wanda said, shrugging.

"Its beautiful Kroshka. Thank you" Natasha said sincerely, giving Wanda a lingering kiss on her cheek.

"Give me five minutes to change and then we'll run ok?" She said, hanging up the robe and walking into the bathroom as Wanda plonked herself on the Russian's bed.

The morning sun was beating down on them as they began their 2nd lap of the compound, Natasha pushing Wanda hard to compensate for lack of training recently.

As they approached the garages they spotted Carol and Sam who raised a hand in greeting.

"Morning Agent, Wanda" Carol greeted politely as the two women slowed down their pace.

Natasha nodded in response.

"Wanda are we still on for tonight?" Carol asked.

"Yeah of course. 7pm right?"

Carol smiled and nodded.

"See you guys later"

Natasha and Wanda continued to run in silence for a few minutes, enjoying the relaxed pace.

"So, what’s tonight?" Natasha asked, glancing at the brunette.

"Oh, erm, Carol asked if I wanted to get some dinner" Wanda replied nonchalantly.

"You mean a date"

"I don't think it’s a date"

"Wanda, if someone who finds you attractive asks you to get dinner then it’s a date" Natasha explained, rolling her eyes.

"Oh. Well, I don't think it’s like that. We're just friends that's all"

"I think Captain Fantastic would like you to be a little more than friends." Natasha said bitingly.

"We are going to a Japanese restaurant." Wanda informed her needlessly.

"Good for you"

"I don't know how to use chopsticks" Wanda said, her doe eyes wide and innocent.