Chapter Six

A couple of hours later, Elias found himself in the changing rooms of an underground fighting arena. He was coming down from his sugar rush, and suddenly regretful for his decision of eating the sweet treats- regardless of how good they tasted.

"Keep your head in the fight bro" Blayde warned Elias in the locker rooms, "the boss is here tonight." he reminded him, but Elias already knew that. It was all he could think about all night.

Elias nodded and listened intently. He needed the money this month, it was the start of winter, and he was in desperate need for both heating and hot meals. Elias jumped in his place, an attempt at calming the jittering nerves that clawed through his body. "Don't worry man, I got this."

Blayde watched him with cautious eyes before hesitantly nodding. It wasn't that he didn't have faith in Elias, he was one of the best, but he tended to let his mind run in the ring. It only distracted him and gave his opponent leverage against him. "Come on, they're going to call your name any minute now."

Elias grabbed the water bottle, and squirted it into his mouth, before throwing it back into his bag. He grabbed his gloves and placed one on. Blayde grabbed the other and helped him into it before tapping his back in encouragement.

The pair walked out the locker and into the waiting area, they had barely halted their walk when Elias' name was called out. Elias looked at Blayde who nodded, silently reassuring him. He grabbed the mouth guard case and Elias opened his mouth. He clipped it in, before pushing Elias slightly to the door, following suit.

Elias was anxious, but he didn't show it. These sick people could read emotions even he didn't know he had, and the last thing he wanted was them using it to their advantage. The referee held up the ropes and Elias ducked his head and stepped into the ring. His opponent was already there. The crowd was going crazy, but Elias paid no mind to them, he wasn't here to be liked. He was here to win, get the money and one day find a way out.

The referee stepped into the middle and motioned for the boxers to walk closer. "Let have a clean fight, ya ear me?" he told them, his accent thick. Elias and his opponent nodded and looked at each other, both determined to be the victor tonight. "Good. Touch hands" the pair raised their gloves and tapped each other's.

"Okay. Back to your corners." He instructed. The pair followed his orders.

Elias watched his opponent jump around. He looked cocky, and his physique was much bigger than Elias' but that didn't deter him. I need heating. He reminded himself. I need food. He nodded his head at his own words. I need kalian back. Elias could practically feel how full his stomach was going to be, and how warm his apartment was. He wiped his chin onto his shoulder and held his fists to his face, and the countdown began.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck" Elias yelled out punching the locker with every curse word that spilled from his lips.

"Elias man, relax." Blayde sighed, they were both utterly and completely fucked, but they were in this mess together. Blayde never held it against Elias when he lost them a fight, he knew how hard it was. Especially having been in Elias' place before.

"How can I relax bro" he yelled; he was angry. "How can I relax" he repeated. "I just got my fucking ass handed to me out there. Infront of the boss!" Elias walked away from Blayde and paced back and forth.

"We're fucked man. Rents due, I can't afford fucking food, Kalian keeps asking when he can come home. How the fuck do I tell him I'll forever be paying those bitches back?" he carried on.

"I know man, I know."

Blayde was in the same boat as Elias. Kind of at least. During a hard time in his life, he'd taken a loan. He was originally made a fighter, like Elias, but after a severe injury in the ring, the boss decided to use him as a trainer instead. Any money was better than no money to those people. And that's all they saw people like Elias and Blayde as. Money Makers.

"What the fuck was that princess play out there boys?" a taunting voice called out. The men froze at the masked man's voice and remained silent. He frowned at this. "I fucking asked you a question, so you answer it." The authority in his voice left no room for objection so Blayde spoke up.

"Sir. It's been getting hard, fighting with no food isn't-"

"I don't fucking care Blayde." The masked man growled, nodding his head towards one of his men to grab him by the collar. He was angry- the pair had just lost him a couple thousand. "Train your bitch better or-"

"The fuck did you call me" Elias moved to the boss threateningly, and the suited man dropped Blayde and turned to their boss, watching Elias' movements with weary eyes. Blayde was quick to react, grabbing his friend by the shoulder attempting to hold him back.

"Elias. Right?" the big boss grinned at Elias tauntingly, but he knew his name. "How is Kalian enjoying Italy?"

"Mother fucker." Elias stepped forward again only to be held back by a fearful Blayde who muttered a 'relax man' into his ear. Elias shrugged him off, although he knew his friend was right.

"Ah ah" the boss grinned, taking his own threatening steps towards the angry boxer. "Know your fucking place or your little brother will get it." Elias breathed through his nose angrily in response, "what? You don't like that?" he taunted. "How about that pretty lady you were with this morning?"

"Stay the fuck away from her." Elias found himself yelling. He wasn't sure why, he hated her, after all she was a spoilt little brat. He needed a job, and all she wanted to do was act pretentious. Elias didn't comment on it, but he had also seen the disapproved glance she had given Agnus when she'd offered him a meal. It wasn't like it was coming from her pay cheque.

"Then don't fucking lose again. "

And with that, he left, his two men following tow with a slam of the door. When the locker room door bang rang out, Blayde turned to Elias, a small smile playing on his lips. "There's a girl?" he grinned. "Is that why you weren't replying earlier?"

"Suck a dick man" Elias pushed Blayde out the way, a ghost of a smile lingered on his lips as Blayde's laughter filled the locker room.

The good mood, however, left Elias as fast as it came. The big boss' threat towards Kalian and Bella remained at the front of the boxer's mind "What do I do Blayde?" Elias' voice came out broken as he took a seat on one of the benches. He ran a hand through his hair in frustration. If Elias was alone, he was almost sure he would've let his tears fall.

Blayde paused for a moment, unsure on how to answer the visibly upset man. "What do you mean?" he asked, although he knew.

"This mess." Elias specified, "This life. I want to go to college, get a proper job and live with Kalian."

"I know bud." Blayde comforted him sadly, taking a seat beside him. They sat in silence, before Elias sat up and coughed awkwardly. The two friends had known each other for a while, but they'd never really spoke about their emotions.

"Anyway." He grabbed his bag, "I should go." Blayde nodded. And without another word, Elias walked out the changing room. Racking his brain for a spot he could smoke and take his mind off things.

The rooftop.