Chapter Twenty Two

Elias' fist hit his head continuously lightly, his eyes felt heavy, but the weight of them seemed inconsiderable compared to the weight of his heart. Twenty four hours had passed without Aloura showing. Agnus had called a few hours before, apologising that the young girl had still not contacted her either.

Elias was cold, hungry and tired. He resisted the urge of just going home- she probably just forgot. I'll see her at work tomorrow. He attempted to convince himself. But he hadn't made it to the rooftop door before he shook his head. Aloura had never left me hanging before. Plus, she still needs to clean my injuries.

He called Blayde also, asking him to keep an eye out for the girl he'd saw in the photo the boss had given him, and asked Agnus to inform Cassidy too. "Because I need to stay on the roof top for when she shows."

"She's not gonna show man, go home. Its freezing out." Blayde had told him, but Elias scoffed back. She was going to show, and he was going to wait for her even if he had to wait his entire lifetime.

It was almost midnight when his phone rang, and Elias' eyes shot open, he rushed to grab his phone out his pocket, dropping it in the commotion. He cursed and grabbed it, paying no mind to the broken screen. "Aloura?" he rushed out, but the disappointment settled as Kalians giggles sounded through the phone.

"Is this a prank?" he giggled, "why would I be called Aloura?"

Elias swallowed the tight feeling that bundled up in his throat, forcing out a laugh at his little brother's words. "Hi buddy. How are you?" Elias didn't mean to feel disappointed upon hearing Kalian's voice, but the anxiety was eating him alive. He knew Kalian was well and safe, but the same couldn't be said for Aloura.

"Just missing you." Kalian's voice came out sad, he too didn't mean to burden his brother with the constant nagging and reminders of his short comings, but he missed his older brother. He had exhausted every birthday and Christmas wish on wishing to come home. Even making sure to add that he wanted to go home even if there was no home to go too. He just wanted his big brother.

"I miss you too buddy. How's school? Any girlfriends?" Elias smiled softly leaning his head onto the wall behind him. "Or boyfriends or enbyfriends?" he quickly added. Kalian laughed at this.

"No. how about you?" he giggled, wiggling his eyebrows although his older brother couldn't see him. "Specifically, someone called Aloura."

Elias laughed but didn't deny it which sent his little brother into a squealing mess, "Oh my god. Oh my god" he rushed out, Elias winced and pulled the phone from his ear. "Elias can I meet her? Please please please. I'm on my knees begging you right now. I'm telling you because you can't see me. Oh my god, Is she with you right now?"

"She's not with me right now" Elias laughed, "I was just waiting for her to call bud, and I can't get the call if you're on it."

Kalian gasped, "then why the heck did you pick up?"

"Watch your language little man" Elias frowned, before smiling as kalian muttered out an apology. "Did you need anything?" he asked, although he knew what he had called to ask.

"uh" kalian mumbled, pressing his face into his bed. "I just wanted to know how long until I can come." He whispered; his voice muffled by the bed sheets. But Elias already knew what he was asking.

"Soon buddy, I promise." Kalian resisted the urge to ask how soon, opting to stay on his brother's good side so he could meet the infamous Aloura. So, instead, he mumbled an okay, and wished his brother a goodnight, before reminding him how desperate he felt to talk to his girlfriend, then hanging up.