Chapter Twenty Five

Pay day might as well be a national holiday, because Aloura couldn't ever remember ever being this excited for Christmas, or thanksgiving. She had continuously checked her bank to make sure she really had all that money for herself; now that she did not need to spend it all on her father's addictions. Elias hadn't worked at the bakery long enough to make enough cash, so after Aloura's constant nagging, the pair agreed to go grocery shopping. With Aloura's paycheque of course, it was the least she could to do thank him for taking her in.

"No, I want to push it" Aloura moaned as Elias beat her to the trolly stand, inserting a coin and pulling the trolly from its place.

Elias maturely laughed in her face, "well too bad isn't it?" he grinned back at her, purposefully pushing it faster than needed, making her run to catch up. "Should've gotten to it before me."

Aloura frowned at him, "it's not my fault your legs are like twenty meters long!"

Elias scoffed, halting the trolly at the sound of her insulting words, "they are not" he told her. "Yours are just in the minus'. That's not my fault."

Aloura huffed as she caught up with them, holding onto the trolly to annoy Elias. If she couldn't have the trolly, then he couldn't enjoy having it. "That's not even possible"

"Sure it is. Look at you, defying all the odds" he laughed, wiggling the trolly side to side in a futile attempt of getting Aloura's grip off it. "Let go. you're making it heavier to push."

"Good" Aloura grinned as they neared the supermarket entrance, Elias groaned but let her keep her hand on the trolly, "what do we need?" Elias thought for a moment and shrugged, Aloura narrowed her eyes at him.

"We can just go down the aisles until we see something we need?" Elias suggested after a moment, Aloura grinned and nodded, guiding the trolly to the first aisle. Grocery shopping was exciting, especially when she knew her cart wouldn't be filled with different alcohols. "Are you allergic to anything?" Elias asked after a moment of walking in silence.

Aloura tore her gaze from the different cereals that sat lined up perfectly, settling it on Elias' inquisitive face. "No. I wish. Are you?" Elias shot her a weird look.

"No, and why do you want to be allergic to something?" Aloura shrugged, turning her gaze back to the cereal boxes.

"Just sounds cool" Elias laughed at this, "I'd just be like hi I'm Aloura and I'm allergic to peanuts."

"Why would you mention your allergy when you introduce yourself?" he laughed at her as she grabbed a box of crunchy nut cornflakes, placing it in the cart. Aloura shrugged again. Elias shook his head and pushed the trolly further down the aisle. Aloura placed her hand back on the trolly, shaking it as they walked. Elias frowned at her. "Stop that"

"Stop what?" she grinned innocently.

Elias scoffed, muttering a "you know what" Aloura shrugged in response, feigning confusion. "I'm gonna make you sorry for this" he warned her, blissfully unaware of how sexually wrong Aloura took it.

Aloura grinned at the sight of the empty aisle, stepping in Elias' face, "and how are you going to do that?" she smirked, her voice seductive.

Elias swallowed; his eyes wide as he watched Aloura's advances. She stood on her tiptoes, checking the aisle one more time before guiding her hand dangerously close to Elias' crotch; but not touching him. Elias' face lowered down to hers, their eyes engrossed on each other's lips.

Elias' breath was practically fanning Aloura's lips when she broke out in a grin, before swerving his advances and grabbing a hold of the trolly, pushing it down and giggling in victory. A stunned Elias watched the triumphed girl practically skipping with glee. "Hey!" he called after her, "I wanted to push it. I had it first"