Chapter Fourteen

Aloura was the first out the pair to wake up. She let her eyes wander around confused as to where she was, and what the weight on her was. To her surprise, Elias had remained with his head on her lap throughout the night. The scene before her was heart-warming, but her mind was too hazy to appreciate it.

She grabbed her phone frantically and checked the time; eight in the morning. Her father was already awake, so she was sure to be limping for the next couple of days after he realised her absence. Aloura placed her hand over her heart to steady it, before focusing on her erratic breathing, but to no avail. Her panicked breaths filled the rooftop, and soon enough, strangled sobs racked her body. Elias woke up to the commotion, and as soon as his eyes settled on the panicked girl, he sprung to his feet. He had never consoled someone having a panic attack- but he had his fair share of them. He placed his hands in front of Aloura's face, a silent promise he wasn't going to hurt her, before moving them to steady her shoulders.

"Hey, hey" he mumbled grabbing her face in his hands softly, "it's okay baby, you're okay. you're okay."

When Aloura breathing didn't calm down, Elias shook her head softly in his hands, and ran his thumb soothingly on his cheek. "Can you name three things you can hear for me Aloura?" when Aloura didn't reply, he shook her again, "come on baby. Name three things you can hear for me."

"Uh" Aloura stuttered out, pushing past her erratic mind to list the things she could hear, "the cars"

"That's right hon, there's a load of cars. What else?"

"The birds" she muttered out after a moment, "and, and your voice."

"You're doing so good. Can you name two things you can see now?"

Aloura wanted to say she couldn't because the tears gathered in her eyes had made it almost impossible. But she pushed past that too and blinked them away erratically. "The rooftop, and you" her whisper was barely audible, but Elias smiled gently and nodded at her efforts. Aloura's heart flipped at his subtle reassurance.

"Last one sweetheart. One thing you can feel"

Aloura thought for a moment, before her face flushed red. Her eyes met his before she whispered, "your hands."

Her heart now raced for a different reason.

Elias smiled and nodded softly. Their eyes held each other for moments passing, before their gazes got lost in each other, and Elias found himself leaning in softly. His eyes flickered from her eyes to her lips, and Aloura let him, she gulped in excitement, before reality caught up with her.

"Uh I uh... have a boyfriend. Kind of" she muttered to herself more than him, but he caught her words, and chose not to press her further for Aloura almost grew disappointed when Elias pulled away. She wasn't sure why she had bought up Kaden, she didn't care if she kissed Elias before ending it with Kaden. He deserved that much.

I don't give a fuck about your boyfriend. Elias scoffed in his head at Aloura's words. The only thing stopping me from kissing you right now is because you don't deserve to be sucked into this life I'm leading. He desperately wanted to tell her, but instead, he nodded his head and forced a smile before kissing her cheek. "Yeah, of course."

Aloura smiled softly and got up before dusting her clothes off. She began gathered her belongings as Elias watched her, questions about what caused her panic attack hanging off the tip of his tongue. Aloura kept herself busy, refusing to meet his stare. Knowing he'd somehow find the courage to ask her what had happened a moment ago if he saw the glint of trust in her eyes.