Tricks

'Are Florence Love and Elizabeth Olsen more than just friends?'

"Fuck." Florence said. She woke up to plenty of notifications about the latest articles even one from her brother.

Florence ran her fingers through her hair while she read through the article. She knew she had to get up before she was late.

Lizzie barely slept the night before tossing and turning. She was all over the place the next morning trying to pick the right outfit and thinking about what she would say to Florence.

Both of them rushed around to get out the door but eventually made it to work. Lizzie prepared something to say figuring that Florence would have seen the articles.

Florence got out of her car and looked to see if Lizzie had arrived yet but didn't see her car. She walked in and all eyes fell on her. She felt out of place and awkward, Florence knew why they were staring at her.

Florence walked to a table and set her stuff down, their trailers weren't coming until Thursday so she didn't have anywhere to be alone. She sat down and pulled out her phone trying to ignore the people.

Lizzie walked into the room seeing people turn to her then whisper. She scanned over the room spotting Florence alone at a table. Lizzie had practically prepared a whole script of what to say but bailed as soon as she saw Florence.

Lizzie didn't know what to do, she had at least a month of filming and everything just became very awkward. She stood there staring at Florence watching her on her phone.

Florence could feel an intense stare on her, she looked up to see Lizzie staring at her. Florence smiled making Lizzie look away and go to a different table.

"Hey guys, welcome to day two. Since we didn't go over the changes last night we'll go over them now but Lizzie and Florence you guys don't have to come Stacy is going to direct into another project." The director spoke, Florence looked to Lizzie wondering what they were gonna be doing.

Everyone followed the director into the reading room and the girls walked to Stacy. "Morning, you guys are gonna go to that room on the left and you can go over lines or talk we really don't care but this meeting might be longer because they changed technical things as well." The women talked explaining how it could be around two hours before they all reconvened, then left for the reading room.

"So, I guess we should go in there." Lizzie pointed. "Lizzie I know you saw the articles, are you upset with me?" Florence asked as they walked. "I'm sorry for kissing your cheek if that was the issue, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. But please answer me." Florence tried to plead.

Lizzie grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the room shutting the door behind them. "I'm not upset about the kiss, why would I be we're just friends. I'm upset that someone here must have tipped off the paparazzi and so they knew yesterday was the first day on set then they followed us to dinner. I'm also upset that people keep staring at us now." Lizzie rambled on gripping Florence's wrist tighter.

"I just feel like they shouldn't be judging because they don't know anything, and now the paparazzi is gonna be following us trying to get more news" 
"Lizzie, Lizzie, stop. Your right the people out there shouldn't judge." Florence said pointing behind her and pulling her other hand back and placing them on her shoulders.

"Since we have to deal with it though why not have some fun with them." Lizzie raised an eyebrow not knowing where this was heading. "We're friends now right? We should get hang out and know each other and just leave it at that but the paparazzi wants more. So would if we tease them and have a little fun!" Florence proposed smiling at Lizzie.

"I don't know Florence maybe we shouldn't lead them on." Lizzie said hesitantly. "Oh please come on, it'll be fun. We're both single so who cares. It will be nice to get back at them for all the stalking and for getting us to be the top story on the tabloids today." Florence asked hoping she would say yes.

"Come on, pretty please, I'm begging you." Florence asked pushing Lizzie's shoulders more. "Fine." Lizzie pulled out the end of the word. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" Florence danced around a bit.

The girls sat down at the table in the room and talked about how they would play the public. "I'm guessing someone will be watching us tonight when we walk out. We should walk together holding hands." Lizzie proposed while Florence nodded loving the idea.

The girls chatted not even realizing how much time had passed until someone knocked on the door. "Hi girls were all done if you wanna come out, you guys are gonna be going to the costume design area for dress fittings." A women explained as Lizzie and Florence got up.

They walked out of the room smiling noticing that not as many people were staring now. " Florence follow me please." A man pointed as she followed behind looking back to Lizzie and shrugging.

They walked into a fitting room where two women went through dresses. "Hi Florence, we're gonna have you try on those dresses so we can make fittings." The woman pointed to a dressing room. "Oh, alright."

Lizzie stood around for a while before the man came back and told her to come to the dressing room. "Wow, Florence you look great." A man said as Lizzie walked in, she stood there staring at the dress she had put on. It was a simple green dress in the sixties style.

"You look really good foozle." Lizzie smiled looking Florence up and down. "We'll get used to it baby." Florence said jokingly putting her hand on her hip.
One of the men smirked at the woman as she returned the look Florence catching their looks in the mirror.

The day went on with trying on clothes and going over stage directions for tomorrow when they started filming. A few more script changes were made and they would be filming their first meet tomorrow.

"Alright everyone, tomorrow we start shooting. It's gonna be great thank you all for today I'll see you all tomorrow morning." The director finished speaking and people started to clear out.

Lizzie put on her jacket and grabbed her belongings and looked around the room for Florence catching her talking with a man. She was smiling though Lizzie could tell she just wanted to leave. Florence turned a bit seeing Lizzie waiting. She opened her eyes a bit wider which just confirmed Lizzie's thoughts.

A few seconds later Florence finished the conversation and grabbed her stuff rushing over to Lizzie before getting caught in another talk. "Ready Elizabeth?" Florence knew she could call her Lizzie and she did around others but she liked calling people by their full name and it made Lizzie blush which she thought was funny.

They grabbed hands and looked to each other smiling then walking out the door. They made a show of laughing and smiling brighter than normal.

The girls made it to Florence's car and they hugged. "Tuck my hair behind my ear." Lizzie joked. Florence bit her lip and pushed the hair back behind Lizzie's ear. "I think we definitely gave them a good show." Florence giggled. "Good night Foozle!" Lizzie waved while walking off. "See you tomorrow Elizabeth!" Florence yelled getting in her car.

Word count: 1,285