Evening

Tuesday evening rolled around, the past days had been filled with many articles about Lizzie bringing Florence as her date. Many photos showed them holding each other in the parking lot and Florence making Lizzie laugh on the read carpet. Most of all they saw pictures of Lizzie guiding Florence by touching her lower back.

The girls hadn't talked since Sunday night. Lizzie didn't remember much of that night after a certain point. She knew from the pictures what happened in the parking lot and from what she could tell nothing crazy went down.

Florence walked on set holding Lizzie's jacket in one arm while carrying her own items in the other. She held her car keys in her mouth walking to the on sight set.

Florence could hear the clacking of heels behind her. "Hey let me help," Lizzie caught up with her taking her jacket back and Florence's. "Thanks." Florence mumbled pulling the keys out of her mouth with her free hand.

"You Uhm, you know?" Lizzie asked awkwardly. "Yeah I saw." Florence replied. When they thought they had seen all the photos a new article came out last night. There was only one picture of Florence pushing on Lizzie's chest while Lizzie bit her lip. Florence thought nothing of it because Lizzie was drunk the other woman thinking the same thing however the public seemed to be talking about it non stop.

"You know I didn't mean anything by it right?" Florence said talking about pushing her. "I know, I was drunk and you were helping me into the cab." Lizzie turned her head and stared as they walked.

"I don't really care Lizzie. Let's just forget it." Florence looked to Lizzie as well while she nodded and turned her head back. They finally made it to the set.

They were shooting a scene on a street in a small town. The girls headed to the costume area and got ready. "Alright, so Florence your gonna start here and Lizzie your gonna walk up to her and smile passing her." The director spoke pointing to different areas.

"Action." Florence started walking the camera right in front of her she spotted Lizzie and looked her up and down then winked when she got closer. Another camera filmed Lizzie holding a kids hand then smiling and blushing while looking down after the wink. "Cut,"

They filmed a few more scenes before it went dark then were told to go see the director. "Hi girls." The director smiled as they each got closer. "Tonight was great. I just wanted let you know we're filming the first kiss on Thursday okay?" He smiled looking for an answer from both of them. "Oh, okay," Lizzie nodded. "Thanks for telling us." Florence looked at Lizzie who looked a bit nervous.

The director dismissed them leaving them to walk back to the parking area. They walked in silence with barely any natural light left.

"I know you said drop it but thanks for helping me Sunday night. The whole night would have been miserable with out you. I was clearly drunk and probably would have screwed something up if you hadn't stopped me." Lizzie talked with her hands on her pockets looking at the ground.

They reached the parking lot near Lizzie's car. "Lizzie it really wasn't a big deal. It was fun being with you. I should be thanking you for stopping that creepy man." Florence stepped in front of Lizzie causing her to stop walking. "I know, I'm just trying to say thank you is all." Lizzie finally looked up making eye contact. "Your welcome Elizabeth." Florence said she leaned in and kissed Lizzie's cheek. It was a warm presence compared to the coldness of her body.

"Good night." Florence whispered pulling back and walking away.

Lizzie sat in her car, she knew Florence just wanted to play the public but Lizzie was really staring to take a liking to her. She knew Florence was straight and thought she was as well but the felling she got when Florence made her laugh on the red carpet was different from anything else. She loved the way Florence allied her Elizabeth even though she said to just call her Lizzie. It was endearing and sweet. She loved that Florence would kiss her cheek and then walk away casually like nothing happened.

Lizzie opened her phone pulling up the picture of Florence pushing her chest from Sunday night. She had screen shot it in case the article got lost forever she wanted the photo.

Lizzie smiled at the picture noticing how Florence looked at her that night. Before she had only focused on her own face hoping it wasn't a big deal she bit her lip and smirked but now she had noticed Florence smiling softly too. Lizzie touched her chest where Florence had applying pressure with her on finger that was a bit higher than the rest.

She heard a honk making her jump seeing it was Florence's car in front of hers with the window rolled down. She stared for a second before Florence waved then drove off.

Lizzie closed her phone and left too, thinking about how she felt and what she was gonna have to do now.

Florence got home and threw her stuff on the counter only grabbing her phone before sitting down. She put on a movie then got up for a glass of wine. She poured the glass and sat back down pulling a blanket over her legs.

She unlocked her phone and opened instagram. She scrolled for a while before drifting in and out of sleep. She decided to turn off the tv and head to her bedroom.

She slid under her covers and set her phone on the charger. Just as she was about to fall asleep her phone dinged. Florence picked it up squinting at the bright light.

Elizabeth: are you awake??

Florence: I am now. What's up?

Elizabeth: oh sorry, I just wondered if you wanna practice lines tomorrow morning then go to set?

Florence: sure!

Lizzie smiled at her phone. She knew better then to get closer now that she knew how she felt but she couldn't help herself from wanting to be with Florence.

Florence set her phone back down and drifted into a deep sleep.

Word Count: 1,057