Event

Lizzie got out of the car and waited for Florence to get out. They walked where a man directed them to leading to a red carpet and cameras flashing brightly.

Lizzie walked onto the carpet putting on a bright smile Florence following her. They could see people talking about how they were together. Lizzie looked to Florence and winked knowing someone had probably snapped a picture of it.

Florence reached for Lizzie's hand who grabbed it and pulled her a bit making Florence trip a bit and rush forward. "If they want a show let's give them a show got it." Lizzie smirked and Florence just nodded.

Lizzie reached her hand around Florence's back as they posed for the cameras. Florence turned to look at Lizzie with a bright smile and said a joke to make her laugh.

Lizzie's face lit up with a true smile and a beautiful laugh as Florence stared at her laughing too. They continued walking down the row until the very end.
Both of them reached an interview area and decided to answer a few questions. "So Lizzie we see you've brought a guest?" A man asked. "Yes this is my date Florence Love. I'm so lucky to have her with me." Lizzie responded smiling at Florence. "I'm the lucky one to be with her." Florence responded poking Lizzie's arm.

The girls continued answering questions before someone led them to a different lane. Cameras still flashed in the distance.

Lizzie put her hand on Florence's upper back and let it slide down guiding her into the building. "How many articles do you think there will be tomorrow of you laughing and your hand on my back?" Florence asked happy it was over. "Haha foozle. I have no idea."

Florence walked in first Lizzie still guiding her. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom alright?" Lizzie took her hand back and Florence nodded. She watched Lizzie walk away as a waiter came up offering her champagne. "Thank you!" Florence smiled.

"Your Florence Love right?" A man came up behind her and offered his hand. "Uhm yes, and you are?" Florence asked shaking the man's hand. "Steve Lagherd," the man smiled.

"Oh, we'll it's nice to meet you. What um do you uh do?" Florence asked hoping Lizzie would come back soon. "I'm a director, I'd love to have you work on a project with me one day." He put his hand on her shoulder. "Uh yeah maybe, I'm working on something right now but maybe in the future sometime." Florence felt awkward and wanted him to pull his hand away.

"Are you here alone because I'd love for you to sit with me and we can learn more about each other?" Steve offered moving his hand down her arm.

"Actually she's already got a partner for the night."  Lizzie placed a kiss on Florence's cheek and grabbed her waist pulling her in. Florence had never been happier to see anyone before. Steve took his hand back and scoffed before walking away.

"Thank you so much. I've never wanted someone to save me so badly." Florence said relived that was over. "Yeah of course." Lizzie took her hand back. "Ready, let's go sit." Lizzie offered walking in front.

Florence sat down crossing a leg over the other and leaning forward on the table. "Florence smile." Lizzie said all the sudden. Florence turned seeing Lizzie holding her camera up and making a face. She smiled as Lizzie snapped a shot then looked at the picture.

"Aww, cute." Lizzie said. She opened her instagram and posted the picture knowing people would fangirl over it. They were playing the game tight. They knew what they were doing and just couldn't get enough of teasing the public.

Lizzie scrolled through her phone while Florence sat in silence watching over the room. "I feel like we're early." Florence said turning a bit in her chair. "Yeah, I think most people are on the carpet answering questions." Lizzie responded still looking at her phone.

Over time everyone arrived and walked in taking their seats. About six other people sat with Lizzie and Florence and made small talk before a woman walked on stage to talk.

She talked about what a big deal this fundraiser was and how many people will be helped. She brought up some of the biggest donations. She thanked everyone for coming and walked off stage.

Florence thanked the waiter for her dinner and asked what Lizzie got. "Um, just salmon, what about you?" Lizzie took a bite. "Chicken."

After dinner people were told they could get up and talk with others. Florence had a few drinks and was feeling happy but not tipsy yet. "So Florence what projects are you working on now?" A man asked while his wife stood taking a sip of champagne.

"I'm filming a movie right now, it's in the early stages but I'm excited to show the public when it's ready. What about you John are you and Lily working on anything new?" Florence asked looking at the wife.

"Actually we're expecting a new addition." Lily held her stomach smiling and John looked to her. "Wow! Congratulations guys. I never would of thought John could find someone as great as you Lily." Florence joked.

She had known John since they were teenagers, they both worked on a one season show in the nineties. She knew John like a book and could tell he really loved his wife.

Lizzie walked up holding more champagne for Florence. "Hey." She said handing Florence the glass. "Hi Lizzie, this is John and his wife Lily." Lizzie reached her hand out to shake theirs.

"Your Lizzie, Florence mentioned you were the women she was working with and who invited her." John shook her hand back. "Yes I am, I'm the lucky one for getting to work with her." Lizzie laughed a bit.

"John." Someone called. "Sorry Flo, I'll see you later." John walked off with Lily waving to the person calling him.

"Flo?" Lizzie asked smirking. "Yeah Johns called me that since we were young. I call him nicknames too." Florence smiled. "How long have you known him?" Florence raised an eyebrow to why Lizzie would even care. "About sixteen years. Why? Jealous?" Florence smirked, she was joking but it made Lizzie blush.

"No, just curious." Lizzie responded. "Come on let's go chat with other people." Florence offered waving Lizzie on.

The night went on and the girls got tipsier, once Florence tripped a bit they knew it was time to go. Both of them walked out noticing a few paparazzi people still there hoping to capture a crazy picture.

They pushed both doors open feeling a breeze hit them immediately. "Jeez, it's freezing." Florence said rubbing her arms. "Here," Lizzie took off her jacket and placed it around Florence's shoulders. "Thank you," Florence leaned into Lizzie pushing her a bit.

They stood in the parking area waiting for cabs to come. Lizzie stepped in front of Florence trying to be close for body heat.

"Turn around." Florence directed spinning Lizzie around. She pulled her in and held her arms around her while Lizzie held on to Florence's hands. "Thanks foozle."

A cab pulled around and Lizzie turned back to face Florence still in her arms. "Truely, thank you for coming tonight." Lizzie stated leaning in a bit more, close enough for Florence to smell her breath. She smelled of alcohol and perfume.

"The pleasure was all mine Elizabeth," Florence said hugging Lizzie then letting her go. "Keep the jacket, give it to me on Tuesday night, on set." Lizzie slurred the last word a bit. "Okay, good night Elizabeth." Florence said opening the door and pushing Lizzie back a bit on her chest.

"Bye flo." Lizzie teased. "Bye" Florence waved closing the door.

Word Count: 1,307