| 11. EGGS? |

We ended up staying another day in the house

  We ended up staying another day in the house. It wasn't my original plan, but Harry convinced me it was the best idea—just for my own well-being. I knew there was truth in that; I needed rest and a lot of it. The need for adequate sleep still wasn't enough to fully convince me, though.

When he brought up how I'd regret leaving so quickly and not giving myself any time to process, physically or mentally—that was when I started to listen more. I still didn't want to in fear I was just wasting more time, but I wouldn't be a whole lot of help if I kept depriving myself of sleep. I had to take a moment, not just for myself but for Alayna, too. Who knew what was ahead, I needed to be prepared and ready for anything.

So, majority of the morning was spent sleeping. I noticed in between waking up and falling back asleep that even Harry got in some which I was grateful for. He seemed to always get less sleep than I did. Maybe that was his normal, but it couldn't be healthy.

Some shuffling of feet woke me up from my final sleep along with the sound of a plate being placed on the coffee table beside me

Some shuffling of feet woke me up from my final sleep along with the sound of a plate being placed on the coffee table beside me. I cracked an eye open to see what was going on.

Harry saw me stirring and let out a lowly, "Hey." He placed a fork on the plate and looked at me.

"Real eggs."

I sat up on my shoulders at the words, my eyes already more awake than ten seconds ago. I had gotten so used to Harry's MRE eggs that I had forgotten eggs were a real thing that didn't come in a powdered form naturally.

I reached for it, a quick "thank you" leaving my mouth. He didn't say anything, but he did look pleased with himself. He started to walk off toward the kitchen again but swiftly turned back around to face me.

"Oh and when you're done I need you to meet me out front. We have some practicing to do."

My mouth was already in the process of being stuffed with food, an eyebrow raising at his words. Before I could reply though, he had already wandered out of view again.

I quickly ate what remained on my plate and hopped off the couch toward the front door. I stopped when I realized he had left the front door cracked, revealing a glimpse of himself. His back was turned to me and he had stumps of wood thrown over his shoulder.