I promise ~ Texas backstory

Ok, just for some clarification. I'm aware that most if not all of their names would have either been spelt different or were an entirely different name all together. However, for the sake of storytelling, Texas is the only one who's name is changed. It'll make more sense in a later part of his story but yeah.

Enjoy!

~~~~~

Texas' POV

I dragged my feet back into the house. I've been outside all day and I'm looking forward to finally getting some rest. I walked into the living room.

Nevada was sitting there with a crying Colorado, Utah sitting next to her.

"What happened?" I asked her. She looked over, tired.

"Mexico yelled at him for dropping the bucket of grains."

"I- I didn't mean to!" Colo cried.

"I know you didn't." Nev comforted.

I walked over and picked him up. I held him to my eye level.

"Well now, this won't do." I smirked, he looked at me confused, tears still streaming down his face.

I placed him on my back and ran out the door, Nev and Utah quickly following.

I ran around the front yard, Colo laughing on my back.

I took him off and threw him up in the air, catching him each time. He laughed harder as I did it a few more times.

I put him back my back and we ran in.

"Where to?" I asked him as I ran.

"Our room!" He announced through giggles.

I ran up to the room. Him, Utah, and I all share a room, Cali, Nevada, and Arizona share the other room. And New Mexico got his own room.

I ran in and tossed him on his bed, sitting down on mine. Utah and Nevada ran in, also giggling.

Colo got up and ran over, tackling me onto my bed. After a bit of rough housing I laid down, and Colo sat on my chest. Utah came over and sat on the edge of my bed. I grabbed His arm and pulled him in. Both him and Colo giggled.

Nevada started making her way over, chuckling.

"My goodness." She laughed as she looked down at us.

Utah laid his head on by chest by where Colo was sitting. Colo patted the bit of my chest left unoccupied, looking up at Nev.

"Come sit."

"Hold up there, I don't think that's quiet gonna work." I looked at him. All three let out a laugh before Colo laid down fully on my chest, barely avoiding Utah's head.

Just then the door flung open and Ari ran in.

"Nev please come!" She said in a panicked voice.

Nev quickly ran out with her. I felt a pit in my stomach. What happened? My mind drifted to the worst. I guess my worry was clear.