It's better this way ~ Texas Backstory ~ Event 2

This is the second event that caused Texas to push people away. This is essentially a part 2 to 'Remember the Alamo'. This takes place right after he became a state and moved in with the others. He's only lived there for a few days.
Hope you enjoy!

(Note: If it's written like this they're speaking Spanish, otherwise it's English.)

~~~~~

Texas' POV

I was sitting in my new room staring out the window. This was all a bit much. I miss María and Miguel. Honestly I miss the whole family. After living with them for ten and a half years they really felt like a family to me.

Of course that couldn't last though. Why would it? Of course I would have to start over once again. Leave the people I care about and live with new people.

I can't even really talk to them. Sure I've practiced my English but it's still not great. And I hate that I sound like... him... when I speak English. So far I've only really spoken to Florida who also speaks Spanish. He's also new and his English is honestly worse then mine. Not that I care.

I've also spoken to Louisiana and Georgia here and there. They seem alright. Other then that I've avoided talking to most of them.

A bunch of them were running around outside my window. They were playing some game or whatever. I heard my door creek open.

I looked over to see some of the younger kids standing there. Florida being in the front.

"Texas?" Florida sheepishly said. It still felt kinda weird to be going by Texas now but I much prefer it. Being called Tejas was just a bitter reminder of the monster who gave me the name. Moving in was the perfect chance to change it, even if it's just by one letter.

"Sí?" I answered. They all slowly inched into the room enough for me to see all of who was there.

Florida, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and West Virginia. I don't know why they were here. As far as I was aware they were scared of me or something.

"We were wondering if we could hang out with you?" Mississippi asked. What? Me? Why? What do they want?

"Ummm, why me?" I asked, internally cursing this stupid accent I had. It sounded exactly like his. I hate it.

"I don't know. You just seem cool." She shrugged. I froze. Me? Cool? Really? I thought for a moment. I did really miss spending time with all the kids. I don't know why they liked me so much but I always had a bunch of them following me around like little ducklings while I was living with María and Miguel.

"Sure." I finally agreed. The all beamed with smiles. It felt kinda weird. I mean they were all adorable but it was weird to see them so excited about this. They waddled into my room completely.

"Umm, what you want do?" I asked them. That's not right. What do you want do? No. What do... What do want, that's definitely not right. What to you do... No. But to! That's it! To. But where does it go... This is stupid. This is one of the easier ones and I'm messing it up. Whatever, they got the point. They all looked at each other and then shrugged.

"We could play catch outside." Oklahoma suggested. They all agreed it sounded fun.

"Sure. We can do that." I said getting up. At least I got that one right. I think... Did I? Whatever, moving on. I looked around for a second before I found a ball we could use.

We walked outside and started playing. It felt nice. I don't remember the last time I just played.

After playing catch for a bit we switched to chasing each other around. Then later on I showed them some card games. Then we played marbles for a bit.