Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Atheena's POV

I slept better than I thought I would. As much as I hate to admit it, Alpha Benjamin's smell is extremely relaxing and his bed has his smell all over it. The giant comforter was so soft and warm. Not to mention I could hear Benjamin breathing as he slept beside me. All of these factors came together to make for the most restful sleep I've ever had.

I opened my eyes slowly to find the bedroom still dimly lit, but not as dark as last night. I peaked an eye over to a set of glass doors that led out to a balcony. I couldn't see much from where I was laying. But I could see the orange, red, and yellow colors spread across the sky as the sun slowly rose above the mountain tops, offering a spectacular light show.

I slowly peaked further over my shoulder and found an equally spectacular view. Alpha Benjamin was laying on his back with the comforter laying across his thighs, leaving the majority of his body open to see. I couldn't help but notice the stubble on the sharp jawline that complemented his tan skin. Every inch of the muscles on his chest and abdomen were perfectly visible and pronounced, despite them being completely at ease in his sleep.

I stopped my eyes from drifting any lower and instead began moving to get out of bed. Once I got out from under the blanket, I slipped off the side of the bed landing on my feet, but noticed some resistance as part of my shift seemed to stay on the bed. I peaked over my shoulder once again to see what the night gown was caught on.

I was surprised to find the thin silky fabric securely trapped in Benjamin's grasp. I should have known the man couldn't keep his hands completely to himself. Despite being dead asleep, his grip is tight and desperate, as if he was afraid I would run off during the night.

I held back a scoff, hoping not to wake him. I gently gripped the fabric and gave it a slight tug. As if on cue the werewolf let out a small growl resembling a warning, while also tightening his grip on my innocent shift.

This time I did scoff, noticing he was still sound asleep. How can he be this possessive even in his sleep? Seriously, even monsters have to rest and let down their guard sometimes.

So now what? I can't stay here. I have to pee and I certainly can't do it connected to this testosterone driven mut.

I huffed as I grabbed the fabric and began pulling it slowly out of his hand. I slowly maneuvered the fabric back and forth inching it out of his grip. As his grasp was slowly loosened, I noticed his lips curl back revealing sharp teeth that seemed much larger than I remember them being yesterday. I didn't stop however and kept pulling the fabric a little at a time, noting his threatening behavior getting increasingly worse.

Suddenly all at once the fabric broke free, but before I could escape any further a much louder growl erupted from the male and a clawed hand caught my wrist. I let out a squeal as he managed to pull me back face down on the bed. Within seconds he was standing behind me with one leg on the ground and the other knee on the edge of the bed with me between them. I squirmed as he continued to growl. He had a hand holding my wrist above my head, against the bed and his other hand wrapped tightly around my waist.

I wasn't sure how to react, considering his terrifying growling that steadily continued despite him having me completely helpless beneath him. I pushed slightly back trying to stand, but was pushed back down and I bit back a yelp as I felt something hard press against my lower back.

"B...B...Ben?" I stuttered nervously.

I got a grunt in response as he pressed his chest on my back, making it very clear what that was that was pressed against my back. I craned my neck back trying to see his face. I could barely see his red glowing eyes focused on the door across the room. He continued to growl threateningly, but I could now tell it wasn't directed at me.