Chapter 2

Chapter 2

-Ben's POV

          "Keep it down guys! You guys are meant to be at home!" I yelled at some pups and they scattered, as I walked passed them on the path headed toward the pack house. I just got done visiting the infirmary for the tenth time this week! They were playing and yelling pretty loud at a picnic spot, in the woods, next to the infirmary. I usually hate to be a buzzkill Alpha. Except that the infirmary is currently filled with sick pack members and they really should be at home wear they can't get sick too. Instead they are out here probably keeping sick people awake.

          Anthony is waiting at the pack house to see us off, before we leave for Fey Valley. It is annoying to have to drive this far for a simple trade. But they would not give me the ingredients list for the potions and medicines I'm getting. I mean my pack is sick enough without me giving them random shit, that I don't know what it is or where it came from. 

          On top of that, I've had to negotiate this deal via letter. Because they refuse to use phones, which makes it impossible to read the person I'm dealing with. Over the phone you can hear their behavior, reactions, and using my wolf hearing you can hear their heartbeats. This makes it so much easier to know if you can trust someone! At least this way I can Meet with Chief Elrand in person and see exactly what I'm dealing with before officially creating an alliance with them. Not that I suspect they'll be a threat or anything.

           "Alpha, the trading goods are packed, the pack members who are going are in the cars, and the rest of the pack has been notified that I will be in charge until you return. Are you prepared to leave Alpha?" My beta anthony said,  sounding very formal! I know it's just because we are around so many pack members and he is clearly in work mode. That will change behind closed doors. 

          "Yes. Please notify us immediately if anything happens while we are gone!" I said while taking the tablet he had held out for me and turning to see my father heading towards us. I internally groaned but greeted him kindly. "Father, how is everyone at home?"

          "Good, son! Nobody in the family has gotten sick yet. But your mother actually wanted me to speak with you about the changes you made to the pup's schooling! You made wilderness and survivalists training an elective, instead of a requirement? Those have always been a requirement in our pack." My Father said trying not to sound like he was lecturing me. He is not usually so gentle with his words, but he knows how stressed I've been and that he probably doesn't want to piss me off right now. He knows I'm just worried for my pack and a worrying Alpha is an easily angered Alpha. Most pack members know this and know not to question me or get in my way. But my dad pretty much does what he wants. 

          This is why Alphas have their mates. A luna can usually calm her Alpha no matter the situation. All it takes is her being there, if not her touch should do it. I unfortunately don't have my mate yet. So I try to take my wolf out for runs as often as possible, to try and keep my anger and my wolf at bay.

          "Yes father, I don't think the pups should be forced to learn something that they may never use, especially the females." I told him while stepping towards one of the vehicles, hoping for an escape from this lecture.

          "I understand they are not skills used everyday anymore. But they…" he tried to continue but I interrupted.

          "The pups are welcome to choose that elective if they want it. But in this day and age, it's just not necessary!" I said bluntly, before stepping into the backseat of the Black SUV. I sat down across from  my gamma Lane who seems to be wrestling with an auxiliary cord connected to the radio in the front seat. "Besides we have far more Important things to be worried about with the virus and this deal with the Fey. We can discuss it later, but for now l have to leave! Good bye dad."