Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Atheena's POV

I felt a little uncomfortable as Alpha Benjamin and a man I didn't know walked into the room. The man whom I did not recognize, was holding an electronic device similar to the one I had seen in Alpha Benjamin's car.

Alpha Benjamin walked over to the empty spot at the head of the table, opposite the door and thankfully on the other side of Fia from me. He took his seat, while the gentleman who was with him stood at the other end of the table. He waited for the Alpha to be seated before he began to speak.

"Mark and Fia blakley, I presume?" The man said correctly referring to Mark and his mate. Mark nodded his head in agreement, before the man turned to me and properly introduced himself. "And you must be, Atheena Elrand our new Luna. It's a pleasure to meet all of you, my name is Anthony Conners. I am the Beta of the Bright Wind Pack."

"The pleasure is all ours, Beta." I said, speaking for all of us from Fey Valley, my brain going into business mode and me sounding as professional as ever.

"Thank you, Luna. I will be in charge of getting you both into a proper den... However, because of your arrival being so sudden it's going to take some time." Anthony stopped for a moment to look down at the device in his hands.

Fia took that time to raise her hand, with a question and I internally laughed at her childishness. Her question was clear with only one word. "Den?"

"They are just normal apartments inside the Pack house or some houses in the woods surrounding the pack house, We just call them dens." Lane answered her question.

"Yes, they are all owned by the Pack, and each family in the pack, lives in one." Alpha Benjamin continued, looking at Fia and avoiding looking at me.

Then again I was avoiding his eyes as well, remembering the argument we had this morning. Granted, the conversation should have been had in private. But I stand by what I said. If there are sick people then he should let me and Fia be the ones to treat them. I don't understand why he won't let me do what I'm good at!

"Unfortunately, we do not have a proper den clean and ready to move into yet. So for now you two will have to stay in a guest room. They're not bad, however they are not much bigger than the average hotel room." Beta Anthony went back to what he was saying, but stopping once again to look at the device in his hand. "On the bright side, we should have you in a proper den, by the time we have all the formalities done and we will introduce you to the pack as real Bright Wind Pack members."

"A guest room will be just fine for now. We are truly honored to have the opportunity to join the Bright Wind Pack!" Mark said standing from his seat and bowing in a formal manner. Once to the Beta, and then turned around to do the same to Alpha Benjamin. Mark seemed really happy and when I looked at Fia she seemed quite happy to. Not as happy as Mark, he was like an excited child! But she did have a genuine looking smile on her face.

"In that case we will get you into the joining process right away. The Luna, will also have to go through most of this process." Beta Anthony said referring to me. "It involves a stamina and strength test, as well as multiple physical exams by the pack doctors, to be sure that you are all healthy. We will also have you fill out quite a bit of paperwork, to Answer any questions we have. For example, what kind of job in the pack you two would like? Then there is a meeting with the Alpha Romano which is obviously just a formality, due to the fact that you've already met. Last but not least your actual swearing in ceremony! Until then I will be assigning one of our peacemakers, to make sure that you are aware and in attendance to each of these appointments as well as to be sure that you can follow pack laws."