Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Atheena's POV

I woke up to the men shuffling around me. I assumed they were just getting antsy during the ride and I tried to go back to sleep. But not a moment later, I heard a deep pop sound and then a rush of freezing cold air. I snapped too and looked around, my sudden actions making Alpha Benjamin jump awake as well. Turns out the pop sound I heard was Lane opening his door, to escape the driver's seat.

"Welcome to Bright Wind, Atheena." I heard Alpha Benjamin say but I was far too busy trying to wrap the blanket around my upper body to spare him a glance. It was still dark outside and when Oscar Jumped out of the seat next to me he left his door open, offering me a peek outside. There were a bunch of people rushing around the car. They looked very busy considering the sun hadn't come out yet.

Lane reached back into the vehicle across the driver's seat. He was about to wake the middle aged man I knew as Dr. Stevenson, but Alpha Benjamin reached over, grabbing Lane's hand, and stopped him. They looked at each other for a moment, before Alpha Benjamin spoke. "Let him sleep for now."

"Alpha, we've just arrived home and he has patients that he must tend to." Lane responded in a whispered tone.

"I am well aware that the man must tend to his duties. However he can not tend to the sick pack members in the infirmary until the medical supplements and treatments for those patients are unloaded. The man is already overwhelmed and overworked, let him sleep while he still can." Alpha Benjamin snapped at Lane. Lane bowed his head to his Alpha and left the vehicle once again.

"If there are sick pack members, let me tend to them. Me and Fia are very experienced healers." I said as Alpha Benjamin opened his car door and hopped out. I shuddered once again at the cold. I quickly readjusted the blanket so it was rapped around me, covering as much of my body as I could get it too.

Why is it so cold? I knew our village was relatively close to the equator. Which meant we were often warmer than places north of us. But it's still autamn, surely it doesn't get colder than this.

"Same goes for you, we can not administer the treatments until they have been unloaded." Alpha Benjamin responded, gesturing for me to follow him and get out of the car. I shuddered when my bare feet hit the cold, hard, concrete, driveway. Once I was out of the car I saw behind our vehicle was the big white box shaped one. A bunch of burly men had just begun to unload the crates of medicine. "Besides that is the Doctor's job, you shouldn't worry about it."

"Let us examine the patients, so we can be sure that the treatments are administered properly. There is no one better equipped to deal with your sick pack members than Fey healers." I replied confidently.

"We can discuss it later. For now you're not dressed for this type of weather... " Alpha Benjamin spoke but I interrupted him.

"I'm assuming you take your ill pack members somewhere warm. Take me there and the weather won't be an ishu... " I tried to speak but Alpha Benjamin interrupted me this time.

"Once the sun comes out, it will warm up a little and we can discuss how we are dealing with the virus. But right now, let's get you inside where it is warm and we will get you settled in..." I tried to interrupt him again but he raised his voice to speak over me and continued. "... I will discuss this with you later! For now, you will go inside and wait with the rest of the members from the Fey village, until we can get you all properly settled in!"

I was going to respond to his yelling with some yelling of my own. However, in the corner of my eye, I saw a young man, who had been unloading boxes. He had stopped to stare when he heard Alpha Benjamin raise his voice. This prompted me to look around us. I found that we had gained quite a few people's attention.