Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Atheena's POV

"Wait, what!?!?!" I exclaimed, jumping from my seat.

"Luna, I'm afraid you're going into heat. You should get back to your den as soon as possible!" Dr. Stevenson said, turning to look at me instead of Alpha Benjamin.

"Isn't it a bit early for her to go into heat? We only met yesterday afternoon." Alpha Benjamin asked the pack healer, while grabbing my coat and gesturing for me to come to him.

"She is a Luna. Being mated to an Alpha will make the heat come faster, stay longer, and be more intense. Her scent is already getting stronger, you should really get out of here before the unmated males start to catch her scent." The doctor replied.

"So wait, is there a way to stop it? I don't want to leave. Besides I feel fine, can't we stay a bit longer?" I asked, not wanting to leave the sick. Helping them finally made me more comfortable here and made me feel useful. I didn't want to leave, especially not because of some stupid mate bond that I didn't want in the first place.

"I'm afraid that's not how it works dear. Go on back to your den. You'll be much more comfortable there with your mate." Dr. Stevenson practically pushed me towards the door. Alpha Benjamin clambering to get the tablet, his coat, and the rest of his things together. Before I knew it Ben was rushing us down the hall to the exit. Once we got to the front door of the infirmary. He had us take off the masks and gloves. Then we both washed our hands and faces.

Once we finally got out of there we rushed up the path outside. Alpha Benjamin kept his hand on my arm, basically pulling me along. I was starting to get worried about what was to come. Was it really this scary? This was the first time I've seen Alpha Benjamin so nervous and it was definitely making me nervous!

"I don't even think I fully understand what this is, still? Why would it be worse if you're an Alpha? Fia told me a little about the heat. But Is it really something to get this worked up over?" I questioned as we arrived at the entrance of the pack house. Still not many people were around and I was thankful. If the doctor could smell my heat, did that mean everyone could?

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to scare you, by rushing us home like this. But the actual heat hasn't hit you yet and it would be easier if it didn't until we are back in the den. I swear I'll explain everything then!" He said, and I yelped when suddenly he was scooping me up bridal style. He carried me up the stairs of the Pack house in record time. He set me down once we reached the top floor, but he did not slow down. He pulled me along down the hallway and into the luna's den, ignoring the guards at the door. He slammed the door shut behind us and locked it, before he finally stopped to take a breath.

"So... what now? When is this going to start and what exactly is supposed to happen? Also why did we have to rush back here?" I asked, feeling a little scared, but trying not to let it show.

"It'll start when your body is ready and believe me, you'll know when that is. We had to rush home because your scent gets much stronger while you're in heat and it can get the unmated males all riled up." He said, relaxing a bit now that we were inside. "I also figured you might not want anyone to see the back of your skirt right now."

"What? What's wrong with my skirt?" I asked, walking into the bathroom in search of a full length mirror. When I found a mirror, I turned around in it, to look at my butt. There was a wet spot right in the center of my backside. I had considered that I had gotten my menstrual, but this was clearly not red! So I yelled from the bathroom. "What is this?"

"Well... your body is going into heat... that means it's preparing for the... mating process to begin..." he said once he came around the corner to look at me. he kept stopping nervously while he was talking. I was now staring at him still not putting the pieces together myself, so he continued. "Well one way that your body... prepares itself for... well... Me... Is to... "