Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Atheena's POV

          I sat on my bed crying in my hut and Analee tried to comfort me. We eventually got up and she helped me to pack. There isn't much. Just a few sets of clothes, some of my favorite herbs, a candle or 2, my sword and all of my favorite books. 

          After we were done I had calmed down a bit and started getting ready for the ceremonies tonight. I was planning to wear my red skirt and white shirt tonight, but because we are now having a transfer of power ceremony, I have to wear a ceremonial green dress!

          "Do you think he'll let me visit you guys?" I broke the silence as Analee was doing my hair. 

          "I don't know, Atheena. But he seems very kind and he is agreeing to the treaty. I'm sure this won't be the last we see of each other." Analee told me as she took the feathers and beads out my hair. "I mean. I don't really know how this mate thing works. But father had a point, their moon goddess chose you as his mate. So I have to believe it's for a reason!"

          "I'm sorry, If I can't make it to your crowning!" I said calmly looking at the floor. Analee was silent for a while. 

          "On the bright side, Alpha Benjamin is way hotter than Aslan!" Analee changed the subject.

          "Yeah, probably far more violent too." I said bluntly.

          "You don't know that. You just met the man." Analee sighed. 

          "He's a werewolf. He's an Alpha werewolf. Do you really think he is the 'let's talk about our problems type?" I asked.

          "Try to be positive. Now you don't have to be coupled to Aslan! Even I have to admit that guy freaks me out! He just has this way of looking at you. It's like he's undressing you with his eyes?" Analee responded sounding disgusted.

          "That's what I said!!!" I yelled and then we both started giggling.

***********************************

          I was told to stay in one of the tents until the treaty ceremony ends and the transfer of power ceremony starts. So I'm waiting in the tent, wearing my green ceremonial dress. I also have leaves and flowers in my hair now. Analee put them there on purpose to make the leaves on my skin appear. It's just another ceremonial thing, but I had to admit I looked good. 

          I am now bare foot which was also ceremonial. The entire village should be and I imagine even the wolves that are here will have been told to remove their shoes. That is a sacred tradition. To be connected to the earth during such an Important ceremony.

          I'm actually rather frustrated that I didn't know what happened with the deal. I'm sure everything went fine. But I wanted to make sure the packs healers were instructed properly on how to administer the medicines and Potions. That's why I asked to show them myself in the first place. I suppose I will have to bring it up later. Not that I really want to talk to Alpha Benjamin at all. 

          "Are you nervous, Luna?" I turned to see who was speaking and saw Mark coming in through the back of the tent, followed by Fia. You remember Mark, that annoying former rogue who was mated to one of our kind. That's him and his mate Fia.

          They are also dressed in all green and barefoot. Mark wearing light green pants and shirtless with light green vines wrapped around his biceps. Fia is dressed similarly to me, in a plain, light green, floorlangth, long sleeved, dress. Except hers is same hue of green as Mark's pants, mine is a bit of darker green. They both also had leaves and flowers in their hair. This of course brought out the leaves on Fia's pale skin. Mark, being a werewolf, didn't have any leaves on his skin, but for some reason still had leaves in his short black hair.