Chapter Eleven

Third POV

When the ball arrived, it was the big talk of Mystic Falls. Caroline was being stopped by her mother, who saw her leave with the dress over her shoulder, "You're going to the ball?" Liz asked. "Yes, I'm going, I was personally invited by one of the Morningstar's, and I'm going with him and Damon Salvatore," she saw her mother relax a bit more at the mention of Damon, as the two did know each other, although Liz had been compelled to forget they were vampires.

One thing, however, did catch her mother's attention, "You're going with two people?" she said with a bit of disgust. Caroline turned to glare at her mother, "I really like them both and throuples exist, so shut it, and before you go even farther, yes they are both older than me but I am almost eighteen and they both know that," she said and left with a slam of the door, leaving her mother in shock. "She find out you're going with two people?" Bonnie asked. Caroline nodded with an annoyed expression that she knows she has to rid from her face so Klaus and Damon would go with the others. Klaus and Damon were actually having their own conversation when the two walked in. "Alright! Boys out!" Iris announced. All the men say goodbye to their significant others, planning how they would separate Jeremy and Henrik so they could surprise each other too.

The girls were all in two room upstairs (to separate Keelin and Freya) as they got ready, and Jeremy came back an hour before the rest and he got pulled into the girls' room. He was stunned seeing everybody's dresses as he hasn't seen the dresses yet.

When the time came Jeremy joined his date down the stairs and was trying not blush seeing Henrik openly checking him out. Keelin had also come down the stairs in her deep red dress, and turned around, knowing Freya was first. Freya came out in a semi formal dress, but Freya didn't care. Iris and Lucifer liked to keep up appearances but said to dress in what they liked, so when Freya saw the purple dress she had, she was getting it. Keelin wore a soft smile as Freya came down the stairs. Sage came next in her simple, high slit, one shouldered black dress and she could feel Finn's eyes on her the whole time. Some of the Mikaelson's down the stairs wondered if they would have to put Elijah's jaw back in place as it almost dropped to the floor seeing Jenna in the light pink detailed dress. Caroline was blushing very hard from the stares she was getting from Klaus and Damon. Kol's mouth actually did drop as Davina came out in the bright red dress. Stefan's eyes brightened as Rebekah came out in the green dress; he could feel her brothers stare at him, judging his expression. Keelin sympathized; she was feeling the same stares when Freya came down. Bonnie also had a green dress and when she came down the vampires all heard, "Bloody hell," come from Enzo who stared in awe. Then all the men stared in awe as Iris came down while seeing Lucifer wore a slight smile and had a loving gaze as he watched his wife.

"Okay, so we all know the plan?" Iris asked. The group nodded and Kol handed off a vial of Esther's blood he found, while Klaus handed off one of Elena's. Davina and Bonnie took the vials and walked off with Iris, there partners still checking them out in the dresses.

When people arrived at the ball, the family were all on the stairs, there dates waiting at the end of the steps. Lucifer gave his greeting, "Hello, and welcome. We thought we would celebrate this occasion of our family finally being reunited fully. As is tradition with a ball, we commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could find a partner, please join us in the ballroom," he said. The guests stared at awe at Lucifer and Iris, their children couldn't but think that Finn and Elijah definitely acted like their father. Those two would be giving a speech and it would just catch everyone's attention.

Caroline had danced with Klaus first, and they could hear the whispers about how Jeremy Gilbert was dancing with Henrik Morningstar and how Freya Morningstar was dancing with another woman. Caroline wanted to go snap some necks but Klaus took her mind off of it. Henrik and even Jeremy (the people were quite loud and he could feel the stares) were minding their own business and so were Freya and Keelin, they were in their own little worlds. If anyone spoke a comment about it too them, they were asked by one of the compelled workers to leave.

Caroline danced with Damon after and took a break, she soon heard whispering again and looked up, gasping in surprise to see Damon and Klaus were dancing with each other. Caroline broke out into a great big smile as the two gave her a wink. When the big dance was over, she rushed over to the other two and gave them kiss on both on both of their cheeks. The rest of the family, Enzo and Bonnie included, watched with smiles knowing the hybrid and older vampire had problems with their sexuality growing up and made a statement in supports of the hybrids brother and sister, and to cheer up their girlfriend.

Elena stood off to the side, thinking nobody had noticed her, but everybody did, she was just being ignored. She couldn't believe her brother was dancing with the youngest Mikaelson, wait their using Morningstar apparently. Her best friends were also here, and so were the Salvatores, who were both dancing with Mik—Morningstars. She was even more in shock about the fact Damon was dancing with Klaus Mikaelson and Caroline, her best friend. Before she could think more about it, the champagne came out and she held in a smirk. Of course, she didn't notice she was drinking Esther's blood.