1: A castle for a queen...

Splash!!

She was jolted awake by the sudden ice cold water splashed on her face.

"Get up you bastard child! Do you know what time it is? Hurry up and prepare breakfast your siblings need to go to school! " Roared her mother as she descended the stairs.

Nikita tiredly rolled out of bed with her eyes still closed, accidentally missing a step and landing painfully on her knees.

"Aaargh!! Can't I just have one normal day without pain? " She inwardly cried as she got up and descended the stairs quickly despite the painful throbbing of her knees. She didn't want to get punished again.

Within 30 minutes she had prepared the pancakes her older sister liked, toasted bread for her younger brother, prepared coffee, warmed milk, boiled eggs and even cut fruit for the whole family.

She then rushed to her tiny room in the attic, took her toiletries quickly and headed to the bathroom for a quick shower. God help her if she was late for school again, those punishments were not something to look forward to.

After a few minutes she was done and was ready to run to school. She took a piece of fruit for breakfast and headed to the door.

"Where do you think you are going without washing the dishes girl? "Her mother asked.

"Can't I please wash them when I come back? Am already running late and... "

Smak!!

Before she could finish her sentence her mother had already closed the distance between them and landed a hot slap across her face.

"You ungrateful child! After all I've done for you you still have the nerve to talk back at me? Nothing is more important than the cleanliness of my house now shut up and get to it! " She bellowed and took her office bag to go to work.
Nikita could do nothing else but oblige. What else could she do? She was just a poor orphan in whom they had had pity and took home.

Nikita had been raised in an orphanage untill she was five when the Vuldos family had adopted and brought her home. Elena and her husband Mr. James Vuldos had seemed like pretty descent people back then. They had given her many promises of a happy life and Nikita had been very excited to finally have a complete family just like every other normal child. Little did she know that all that was wishful thinking.

She did get a complete family. She was no longer just a Nikita Kyla but had a surname too. She got an older sister, Mary, mother, father, and three years later she got a younger brother, Asher, as well.

What she did not get though was the normal and happy life she had hoped for. The amount of suffering she'd had to endure since she arrived at her new home made her wishing that she had stayed at the orphanage instead.

Many a times she wanted to give up, to just go out an end to it all, but when she remembered what one of her mothers at the orphanage once told her, she'd pick herself up and move on. She had said,
"There will be many times people throw stones at you, but always remember you won't be the only one, the only difference between you and all the other people will be how fast you pick up those stones thrown at you and build yourself a castle so you can live like the queen that you are. "And she felt it.

That was why even after washing the dished she still picked up her bag and ran to school. She still had a castle to build!
*********

" Miss, it's time for your check up, " A nurse said and gently taped her shoulders, immediately pulling her out of her reverie.

She slowly got up from her sitting position and using one hand to support her hip she made her way to the doctors office to get her pregnancy check up. Her child was already eight months in her womb by now.

After completing all the check ups and confirming that her son was ok, Nikita started walking to her adopted parents home with a smile on her face. At least she had something that belonged only to her, something she could live for, her child.