4. Stupid!

At exactly 10 am in the morning Avena Airlines landed at the largest airport in country V. Kyla took a deep breath and unbuckled her seat as she watched the other passangers alight. A part of her mind was screeming at her, imploring her to go back to country H, but another tiny piece urged her forward. She didn't know why but this country, this country felt like....home?

After completing the formalities at the airport she bid the other surgeons goodbye and hailed a cab to the hotel where she'd be staying for the next four days.

The hospital had organized a large, four bedroom house in one of the most secure areas in the country but she had politely declined saying she had a friend she needed to check on.

She had no friends here. She only wanted her own space where she wouldn't be in anyone's way. She also didn't want to spend so much time with them and listen to them talk about kids and husbands since they were around ten years older than her.

Nikita rolled down the window of the cab and took a deep breath of the humid air. She then closed her eyes and released it slowly through her mouth. She was surprised by the familiarity she felt even after being away for more than four years. It's like she never even left.

She leaned her head on the window as she watches the scenery pass by, her thoughts trailing back to the time she had walked through the same street alone, heading toward the airport to board a plane that was booked on her behalf by her parents right after she had buried her child.

She smiled bitterly at the memory and shook her head vigorously to rid it of bad thoughts. She didn't want to cry over something she couldn't change. She was not the same naive girl who had been mistreated and set up anyway. She was a strong, smart independent woman who wouldn't let anyone push her without pushing back.

"Excuse me miss, we have reached star hotel, " Announced the driver to the woman who was lost in her thoughts.

Kyla quickly took her suitcase and climbed off the cab.

"Thank you sir," She said to the driver and handed him a generous wand of cash which consisted of an enormous tip then disappeared into the hotel, leaving the driver grinning from ear to ear after receiving such an enormous tip.

"Hello miss, I'd like to check in. I made a reservation for a stay for four days from country H under Kyla Nikita, could you please check it for me? " She asked.

Silence.

When she had first walked in carrying her elegant suitcase the receptionist had glanced at her and concluded that she was one of those rich, spoilt haireses with foul mouths and haughty attitudes. But now that she had heard her speak and watched her up close she couldn't help but get fascinated by her rare-kind-of -symplistic-beauty. The way she smiles after being too kind to a lowly receptionist made her completely speechless and moved almost to tears. Non of those beautiful ladies who check in bother sparing her a glance, much less say hello.

She quickly choked down her emotions and composed herself before the scene could get any more awkward.

"Aaah... Yes I have it! Room 605 miss. It's at the 6th floor to the left wing. Have a nice stay mam. " She said, almost shouting at the end.

Kyla, noticing nothing odd with the receptionist's behavior, said her thanks and made her way to her room.

The room was spacious and modernly furnished. It had huge windows with a killer view of the city since the hotel was at the heart of the city. It had a large well spread bed and two plop in couches with a table in the middle. It was everything kyla needed.

Even though she was not an extravagant person she still wanted to make herself comfortable. She also didn't want to give anyone a chance to look down on her like they did in the past.

She had just sat down ready to unpack her bag when her cell phone buzzed.

"I see you have left town darling. Don't do anything stupid. Think of me till we meet again, " J. F.

Kyla read the text aver and over again feeling her body tremble with fear and anger.

"Darling! Who are you calling darling! It is you who is stupid! Your whole family is stupid! "Kyla screamed angrily at her phone and tossed it away harshly to the couch.

Is he out yet? Why did he suddenly make an appearance after two years and how did he get my number?

Kyla tugged her hair in frustration and plopped herself on the bed. She curled herself into fetal position and closed her eyes to sleep. The whole ordeal had left her shaken and in a very foul mood.