8: Gay

"I'm our future husband!? " He declared while raising his index finger in the air like a child.

Kyla: "... "

The guards: "... "

" Brother? "Ramian asked, his mind fibres frozen from the shock and his lips parted into a small O.

My brother actually said the words I and husband in the same sentence! Am I dreaming? Who is this woman?

Alexander realized his mistake when he saw the frozen look on the woman's face. He internally kicked himself before picking up his phone to make an emergency call.

Seeing as his brother was not even bothered about the bomb he had just dropped on them in the middle of the night,  Ramian decided to talk to the tigress herself.

"Hi am Ramian. Thanks for saving my nephew earlier. Where did you find him? "He asked as politely as he could while pushing down his urge to quench his gossipy nature.

" So you are the irresponsible family that left a small child all alone at night and in the cold huh? What if he had been kidnapped? Or died? "She asked, her instincts to beat up someone already kicking in.

Her sharp words were like hot slaps on Ramian's face. He looked down feeling worse that he did when he realized he lost had him. He looked up apologetically at his brother and felt a cold shiver run down his spine. If the child had been kidnapped he would have been meat by now.

"Believe me if I could turn back time I would. I know he doesn't like loud music but I still took him with me to a meeting at a bar. If it wasn't for you.. " He added, tears slowly glistering his blue orbs.

Kyla was at a loss for words. These people must be really crazy. How can one be so adorably cute and dense at the same time?

"You are welcome. Take care of him better next time and don't let him wonder off like that. The doctor said he fainted due to hunger and cold. Feed him when he wakes up. I'll be on my way now. " She said, eager to get away from the irresponsible people.

"How do I repay you for saving my son?" Asked Alexander ballantly asked as he strolled back to the duo.

"You don't have to. I did it willingly" She answered while picking up her jacket from the chair she had previously slept on. When she turned around to face him, she almost yelped at his darkened expression.

Dear Lord please save me! What wrong have I committed  now?

"Do you think my son is worthless? Do you think his life is charity? "

"I didn't mean it like that. He is very important! Priceless! "

"Name your price then, "

"Sir I really don't... "

"I don't like owing people. Its how we work. Now stop wasting time, "

Kyla pursed her lips in annoyance.Wasting time! Isn't he the one wasting my time now?

Ramian who had been quietly listening to their back and fourth banter which was going nowhere decided to be the bigger person and step in.

"Look miss, you don't have to act so good. The Quin's really don't like owing people. If our enemies find out that we owe someone they may use it against us. And maybe put you in trouble too. " He said as patiently as he could.

Q... Quin? As in Quin Corps, Quin Inc, Quin Enterprises?  How do I always attract trouble like this? If I get out of here alive I will offer one hundred offerings to God!

Even before Kyla left the country the Quin's family name had been hitting the headlines. They owned the largest construction company in Country V and beyond, and the CEO, Ferdinand Quin, had been rumoured to be so ruthless in his dealings that he whipped out an entire rival family, including innocent children and women.

Even though Kyla had heard about them from Mary who constantly talked about their good genes that gave birth to handsome men, she had never seen them before. Everything she knew about them was what she heard from people, so saying she was overwhelmed was an understatement. She felt like an idiot who just walked right to her death.

"Are you okay? " Asked Ramian as he looked at the woman who was turning paler by the minute.

"Money! Just give me money then let me leave! " She blurted out and sat down on the chair. She was feeling faint from the pressure she was under.

At her declaration the face of Alexander becomes even uglier.

It's over for me!

Kyla was at the verge of tears now. He didn't want to let her go, he didn't want to give her money, what did he want then?

"Brother you are scaring her with your looks, " Ramian whispered to his brother when he saw the frightened look on Kyla's face.

"My brother thinks paying you with money is an insult to you since you so kindly saved his son even without  knowing which family he was from. "Ramian explained in an attempt to calm the frightened woman.

Insult me! Just insult me with your money and let me go!

After scrutinizing the woman's face for some time, Alexander said, " Marry me, "

Cough cough cough. "S-sir? "Cough cough. Kyla was so surprised by his declaration that she chocked on her own spit. If he had been any other man, maybe slightly less handsome then she would have taken this encounter as a fated romance and maybe accepted his proposal. But this was the Alexander Quin! When it comes to looks she was not bad, but Alexander was a form of beauty on a whole different level that even the most gorgeous of women would not dream of ever meeting.

"Just because I saved your son you want to pay me with with your name? Isn't that going a little overboard? "

"No, "

"S.. Sir i-its very late and am very tired and hungry. I have to be at the hospital very early in the morning so won't you please spare me? I saved your son, and in turn I got to meet skilled doctors from this country so you can take it as we are even. You don't have to pay me with your body! I'll be running now! " Kyla rumbled on and made a dash for the door.

Alexander kept staring at the direction in which Kyla had run off to with a contemplating look on his face. He was intrigued by how a tigress could become a kitten in just a few seconds and how she had run way from him like a pray running away from a predator after it had been collered.

"Brother! Brother! Do you really like that woman? Do you? After all these years you finally found some you liked? I knew it! I knew that even an old rusted metal like you could be polished again! You know, for a while I even thought you were gay...

At the mention of the word gay Alexander glared at his brother like he had grown two horns.

"Shut up! "

I will get you for this! How dare you think am bent!