13: The Meal ( part 1;)

When Kyla entered the kitchen she was immediately immersed in a world of black and white. The kitchen was modernly furnished with up to three black latest four piece cooking gases, the best led microwaves, dispensers and so many machines that had Kyla's eyes opening wider and wider. In the middle was a large, clear glass table surrounded by he best kitchen chairs ever created and painted with the finest black paint. The white cupboards above her head stretched across the kitchen's black walls, blending beautifully with the black and white theme she had first registered when she walked in. In short, the kitchen was the most beautiful kitchen Kyla had ever seen. She was practically drooling.

The little prince who was still being carried by her almost smacked his forehead  while looking at her silly expression. He blamed his dad once more for his bad taste in colours. What if her eyes were like that because she hated the theme? He made a mental note to scold his dad when they are alone.

Kyla regained her composure and placed the little prince gentle on the glass table.

" Okay baby, you sit here, and watch me do my magic okay? You don't have to lift even a finger!"

Yes! Yes! Not a finger!

The little prince nodded his head furiously in agreement. If it comes to watching her, he could do that the whole day!

Kyla scanned the modern kitchen and pursed her lips. So this is one of those kitchens with everything hidden within the walls huh?

She could use the knowledge she got from cooking school, but thought twice about it. What fun would it be to do everything alone when she had a cute little prince sitting so adorably behind her? She whipped the naughty smile on her face then turned to the prince with a lost puppy-look on her face.

"Baby, this kitchen seem to be against me! I can't find anything! Not even a mare pot!" She complained and looked at the little prince feeling very wronged.

The Little Prince could not take any more of her cutely silly expressions. Who in this time and error did not know how to use a modern kitchen and would claim that it's against them? He bust out laughing so hard that he almost fell from the table that he had been sitting on.

The servants and psychiatrists who had still not left and heard him laughing so loudly almost puked blood. Was there another child in the house or had the Little Prince finally lost it? They left what they were doing and hurriedly followed the sound check for themselves if they had heard it right or if their ears was playing a mean trick on them.

All the psychiatrists had spent many hours coming up with jokes to tell Little Prince during their meetings but he had never even once laughed. He was always so indifferent towards them that even getting a small smile from him was a tough feat.

When they got close to the kitchen their eyes almost fell down when they saw the Little Prince rocking on the table with uncontrollable laughter. They wanted to get closer but one signal from Alexander who was by the door was enough to send them scurrying off like flies. What a selfish father!

Kyla on the other hand was pressing all the right buttons on the wall with the help of the laughing Little Prince, oblivious of the ruckus she has caused outside. After getting the right cutlery and cooking pots she needed to make the dinner , she proceeded to the fridge to get her ingredients. When she opened the fridge she was once again surprised by what she saw.

The fridge contained all types of meat packed up in every corner and absolutely no vegetables. Well, except for the two tomatoes at the very bottom. Kyla pursed her lips and stared quizzically at the Little Prince.

"Don't you people eat any vegetables here?" She asked.

The Little Prince seemed think for a while then nodded his head in agreement.

"Where are they?" She wondered.

Little Prince pointed to the cupboard that was right above Kyla's head. Inside the cupboard was chilly, tomato sauce and some other canned vegetables that Kyla would prefer not to even touch. She hated canned food, even just thinking about them was enough to make her gag.

Maybe I should just prepare non-veg food for tonight. But isn't that unhealthy for the child?

She was so lost in her thoughts that she did not notice the pair of eyes staring at her from the door. When Alexander saw the disgusted expression on her face, he felt a pang of guilt tug his heart. Maybe he should have listened to his parents and stopped feeding the child canned food after all.

" I know where you can get fresh vegetables, " he announced as he walked closer, scaring Kyla half to death.

"S-sir I don't think it's appropriate for us to head to the grocery store a-at this time,"she said and turned her focus to her surrounding in order to calm her beating heart. There was something about Alexander's black orbs that sent cold shivers down her spine.

"Not the grocery store. Ramian has a green house. I can send the butler to get them," he said.

"That would be great, thank you" she said. Thinking that what she said may have come out as rude she quickly added, " I'll begin the main course as I wait for the vegetables, is that okay?"

"En,"

Kyla repositioned the Little Prince on the table and wore her apron, ready for work.