14: The Meal (part 2;)

Kyla started by preparing a sandwich and milk for the Little Prince. The tantrum he had thrown earlier that night had drained a lot of energy from his small body, and if not fed sooner, he might end up falling asleep even before the main meal was cooked.

When she turned around she was a bit surprised to see that Alexander had not left the kitchen and was still standing in the same position he had been standing on since he entered the kitchen.

Isn't he supposed to be back to his room by now? Or is he afraid that I would poison his son!

" Sir, would you like to sit down? I could prepare a sandwich for you too if you want,"she said, intending to sound as polite as she could. Him standing and staring at her like that was already making her loose her senses.

Alexander did not need to be told twice. He had been waiting for her to ask him to sit down for as long as he could remember, and for her to prepare him a sandwich too, what more could he ask?

He was not a man who would have any woman in his house, let alone his kitchen. But when it came to her, he did not know why but he felt safe in her presence.

Kyla quickly made a sandwich for him too, and as the king and his Little Prince ate in peace, she busied herself with the main course.

She expertly cut the meat she was cooking into the right shapes and sizes, grilled the ones needed grilling, boiled some, fried some and baked some in the oven at the right temperature. The vegetables arrived right when she was done with the first phase of her course meal.

After washing , cutting and cooking some, she rewashed her hands and begun kneading dough for the desert.

Alexander and the Little Prince who had been watching her every move were pretty impressed with her expertise. The way she handled her knives and chopped everything in the correct shape and size, the way she moves effortlessly from one place to another, and the way she smiled when she turned around to check on them, had them floating in a beautiful dream that they did not want to wake up from. She did everything better than most chefs that the little prince even begun to feel that he had been taken for a ride when she said she did not know how to use their kitchen. But who cares? He was willing to be cheated a thousand times over if it made her happy!

Kyla heaved a huge sigh of relief when everything was cooked. It had been a long time since she cooked such a huge meal and wondered if it would taste as good as it used to .

"Ah! It finally done! Did you get bored baby? " She asked while taking off her apron and hair net.

The little prince shook his head in disagreement.

No!

" That's a good boy!," She exclaimed while ruffing his hair.

"Where do I serve the food? Here or the dining room?" She asked Alexander who was surprisingly quiet. Wasn't he supposed to be giving her orders like normal masters do?

"Here," he said.

"Ookayyy, come on baby," she said while extending her hands to the Little Prince.

Kyla carried him to the sink and helped him wash his hands. She then took him back to the chair and served him his food, then waited patiently like a chef for his critics.

"How is it?" She asked, but did not need any verbal answer when she saw how engrossed he was in his eating. He was busy stuffing his mouth with spaghetti and pork chops without a care in the world.

"Careful baby, you'll chock," she said and chucked softly to herself. How could a child be this cute even while eating?!

She went ahead and served Alexander, and just as she was about to serve herself, Ramian walked in crying and cursing at his brother.

"Brother," wuhuuu, " what have you done with my babies," he cried.

"Babies?" Kyla asked, clearly confused.

" My vegetables! I've been looking after them since they were just seedlings. I watched them grow, watered them, and even sang for them, and he killed them!" He accused while pointing at his brother.

Alexander who was used to his brother's childishness merely glanced at him before continuing with his very delicious meal.

Kyla however was bursting with laughter. Was this man child really crying over vegetables? Who knew that rich people were this dramatic?

Seeing as the little prince and Alexander were not going to smoothen Ramian's hurt feelings, Kyla decided to step in.

" Am really sorry about your...babies, but if we had not cooked them they might have ended up dead in the garden. Am sure they must be happy to have been turned into something beneficial to all of us. Come, sit down and say your goodbyes by eating them, lovingly, " She said and pulled out a chair for him to sit.

Ramian sat down with a pout on his lips. How could these two eat so calmly without caring for his feelings? He was beginning to question whether they were really related.

When he tasted the food, it was like all his earlier grievances were thrown out the window. He could feel all the eight flavours of a perfect meal burst vividly in his mouth, making his taste buds excited and wanting more.

" My goodness! Among all the meals I've eaten this one tops them all! Go on sister-in-law law! You can take all the vegetables you want from my green house! Just call me for a meal everyday!" He exclaimed and continued topping up his food, ignoring the piercing stare from his brother.

Kyla did not know whether to laugh at his excited expression or cry for having been called a sister-in-law. She therefore focused her attention on feeding the Little Prince as much food as he could take.

"Baby, eat this one too, it has a lot of nutrients," she said while adding him a spoon of spinach.

" And this one too,"

"Oh and this makes your teeth stronger!"she said while adding some more foods.

The little prince did not mind being stuffed at all. As long as she gave it to him he'd eat willingly, including his most hated vegetables, broccoli and carrots.

Alexander who seemed to be busy eating his warm bun and soup was actually staring at his son and the beautiful woman in front of him. She was good for his son and prayed earnestly that she stayed forever with them.