10: Short quick steps...

When kyla arrived at Bung'hol, a small village in country V, she couldn't help but take in numerous deep breaths of the fresh, unpolluted air. This was the kind of air one would want to wake up to every day.

She scanned her surrounding and was immediately reminded of spring. Beautiful flowers of different kinds and colours covered the surrounding filling the air with a pleasantly intoxicating smell and making the landscape look like a soft colourful fluffy bed that would draw anyone to it. The countryside was simply breathtaking.

She watched as some children who seemed to have woken up earlier than their mothers played by the plantations, and was immediately reminded of her early years at the orphanage. Some were picking
up flowers, while some naughty ones were throwing mud on each other and running around in circles, filling the area with light hearty laughter.

Kyla shook her head while smiling to herself and walked the remaining distance to the clinic. She sometimes wished she was a child again, being a grown up had a lot of responsibilities.

"I'm working with doctor Kyla. "

"No, I'm working with doctor Kyla! "

"Who is this doctor Kyla again? "

This was the conversation Kyla walked into when she pushed open the door to the ladies' prep room.

"I'm Kyla. Did I do something? " She asked while eyeing Dr. Tracy and Dr. Viera who were from Noble Hospital in country H.

"No..." Answer doctor Viera who was now red with embarrassment of having been cought fighting over a woman.

"Hi! Am Dr. Yun Xiu from country C. You can call me Xiu though, cause it's shorter. These two were fighting over you. They both want you to help them in their surgery schedules. Am introducing myself cause well, they won't do it, not right now anyways. "

"It's a pleasure to meet you. " She said while shaking Yun Xiu's hand. Then while looking at the two surgeons she said, " Doctor Jared said I'd be working alongside everyone so I can learn more. And basically I don't think I'll be of much help, am still just a student. I don't know many things about surgery. "

While the two doctors were digesting her words and feeling sorry for themselves, Kyla took that chance to change into her operating gear. Immediately after she was done they received notifications on their phones with their schedules for the next three days.

Kyla ended up being paired with Dr, Yun Xiu who happened to be a neurosurgeon , and her first surgery was scheduled that morning for a young girl, 13 years, who had a brain tumor that was advancing to it's second stage. Dr. Tracy and Viera were to be helped by the surgical nurses from the clinic.

"Looks like it's you and me. Our surgery is in 20 minutes. Let's go and prepare the equipment. " Doctor Xiu told Kyla.

"Yes, "

****

Four and a half hours later Kyla and Yun Xiu walked out of the operation room all sweaty and tired. With Dr. Xiu's commendable skills and Kayla's efficiency the operation had been an obvious success.

Yun Xiu was beginning to understand why a surgeon would fight to get a side kick like Kyla. She was smart, and he mothods for problem solving are just way beyond the normal human level. If it wasn't for her, the surgery could have taken longer.

"It was nice working with you, congratulations on your success today. I'll go ahead now, " Kyla said.

"I have another surgery at two, wanna work on it together? " Xiu asked, hoping against all odds that she says yes.

"I have to help in another surgery that begins at one, with a certain Dr. Michael. If it ends early I'll be more than happy to join you. Have a nice time! " She replied and after giving her a slight bow, made her way towards the changing room. She had one and a half hours to rejuvenate, and take breakfast.

A few metres from the clinic, right across the road, a black Maybach was parked. It had been parked there for the past two hours and was gaining more attention, not that it was difficult. A car that expensive parked alongside an old dusty road in a village far away from the city was the epitome of attention.

What was more surprising to the parsers by and onlookers was that nobody was getting out. They couldn't even see what was happening inside since the windows were heavily tinted. It was too quiet for their liking.

"She is busy, you won't see her, " Alexander deadpaned.

Silence.

Alexander stared helplessly at his son who had his eyes fixed across the street. He did not even bother move a finger in acknowledgement of his father. He was staring at the hospital entrance without even blinking as if afraid that if he closed his eyes for even a second, he would miss seeing his goddess.

They have been sitting on the car for the past two hours and Alexander was growing antsy by the second. His son refused to go into the hospital, and didn't want to go home either.

"Five more minutes, if she is not out by then, we leave." He told his son and resumed his paperwork.

The little Prince continued to stare outside the tinted window, not even a little bit bothered by his father's threats.

You know I will destroy your house if you do that father!!

After a few prayers and wishes upon a non-existing shooting star, the little Prince's wish was finally fulfilled.

Out came his goddess in all her glory. Even though her ponytail was a little messy and she had some hair sticking to her face, she was still the most beautiful woman the little Prince had ever seen.

His earlier poker face was filled with so much excitement and his eyes shone so brightly that when he turned to look at his father the latter almost puked blood. He had never seen his son this excited, not even when he learnt to ride his mini- bicycle on his own.

"You want to get down now? "

Yes! Yes! Down!!

The little Prince bobbled his head up and down vigorously in agreement and lifted his arms up to be carried.

Alexander wore his mask and after informing his driver to alert his other body guards, he carried his son outside the car.

He was not surprised by how dirty the streets were. What more could one expect from a village with no civilization?

He walked lightly on the ground, carefully avoiding large puddles of mud so as not to dirty himself.

The little Prince who saw this as a waste of time, wriggled himself out of his arms and after pulling out his writing pad, ran the remaining distance towards his goddess, his short baby legs making small quick steps.