Toki-Toki No Mi

"But what if I already have a devil fruit, or two in my case?"

"Not a problem at all. You see the Toki-Toki no mi is a special fruit. It requires that you already have a devil fruit to even be able to use it. So the fact that you have two won't even matter. "

Slowly light starts to return to Luffy's eyes, as well as a determination to save them all.

'Nami, Usopp, Chopper, Frankey, Brooke, Robin, Jimbei, Sanji, Zoro, Ace, Sabo, Vivi, Shanks, Grandpa, Dad, Pops, Law, Marco. This time I won't fail you. I promise!'

"What do I need to do, and how does it work?"

"The Toki-Toki no mi gives its user a number of abilities. The first of which is time travel, to either the past or the future. It also gives you the ability to choose when and where you will end up when you jump. Another of the fruit's attributes is the ability to bring forth memories of anyone you chose. Of either their future or even the memories of their past. Like if you knew someone with amnesia."

With a look of hope and relief Luffy realizes what that truly means and thinks.

'Sabo. His memories. I could bring him back sooner. We could save Ace together! I can have both of my brothers fighting with me once more!'

"So I can go back to anywhere in the world, in the time of my choosing no matter where I was in the past?"

"Not quite. While you can go anywhere in the world, you can only go as far back as when you were born, and as far forward until the day you died."

"There is also a small catch in going to the past."

Luffy narrowing his eyes in suspicion asks

"And what exactly would that be?"

"You will revert to however old you were at the time you are jumping back to. Meaning you will have to retrain your body and haki to an extent. However, you will keep all of your devil fruit abilities. You will also keep the X-shaped scar on your chest as it is tied to your soul. And you will keep any of the wounds that you have right now that aren't life-threatening. Finally, aside from your clothes and hat, you can only bring one thing with you to the past."

"There's only one thing I want to bring with me. The last gift my mates gave to me. The locket that Marco and Law gave me."

As he says this he grips the gold heart-shaped locket that hangs around his neck in a tight fist. A look of love, longing, and pain on his face as he does so.

"I don't care about the rest." 

"How do the other powers work?"

"To bring forth the memories of the past you have to be touching the person you wish to use it on and say "Memory Retrieval" and then imagine pulling those memories to the forefront of that person's mind."

"To bring forth a person's memories of the future you must also be touching this person but instead say "Memory Transfer" and it will pull the memories of the future and transfer them to the person you chose."

"However upon using memory transfer they may experience a bit of confusion and loss of strength for a bit, so you want to be sure to warn them of the side effects ahead of time before using the ability."

"Finally to use the ability to go forward or backward in time you have to say either "Time Reversal" or "Time Accelerate" and think of running backward or running forward."

"For example "Time Reversal 5 years on Raftel" and you will go back in time 5 years and land on the island of Raftel." "Do you understand so far young Pirate King?"

"I do." "I'm ready."

"Then this is farewell for now my young successor! I look forward to seeing you here again Pirate King MONKEY D. LUFFY!!"

Roger said with a loud laugh as he bid farewell to his successor slowly fading away till Luffy could no longer sense him.

Luffy decides to look at the two pictures in his locket one last time before he jumps.

The left side was of him and his brothers. A picture that Sabo found of them when they were younger. All of them grinning mischievously and wearing captain coats holding their swords high. The right side was of him and his mates. Marco was in the middle with Law on his left and Luffy on his right. All of them were grinning at the camera. Marco holding them close to him as Law flips the camera off and Luffy holding up a peace sign.

Taking a deep breath and strengthening his resolve one more time, Luffy shouts to the sky.

"I WILL SAVE THEM ALL AND I WON'T FAIL THEM AGAIN!"

"Alright, here we go." 

 "Time Reversal 8 years Tumble Valley mountains!"

Suddenly Luffy is surrounded by a blinding white light before everything goes dark and the last thing he hears is.

"Good luck Monkey D. Luffy may I see you here again soon as the future Pirate King once more. Only this time with everyone you cherish. Stay strong and know that the will of D. is with you!"