Thatch comforts Izo

Gently, Thatch brought Izo into a hug even as he refused to let go of the sobbing child in his arms.

"Shh. I'm right here. It's OK, I've got you. We won't let it happen again, ok?"

"It was never the same without you by my side. Everything felt almost dull and dark. But...."

Izo tightens his hold on Luffy, bringing the crying child closer as he gently rocks side to side. Smiling as he feels Luffy curl even closer.

"I was able to stay afloat thanks to him. Because he was so much like you in a way. Always happy and carefree. But protective of those close to him."

That got a surprised laugh out of everyone.

"Well. I guess we know who to back from now on, don't we guys!"

Thatch announced with a laugh. Everyone cheerfully agreed.

"I guess that means it is my turn. My son, do you wish to continue, or would you like to take a break?"

Newgate spoke, looking into Izo's arms and locking eyes with Luffy. Only to get a shake of the head as Luffy responds.

"No. I want to get them done today. The sooner we do, the more info and time we have to prepare. Is... is that ok?"

With an amused and soft smile, Newgate gently pats Luffy on the head.

"That is fine, my child."

"Ok, lay down just like Izo did with Izo and Thatch on the sides this time. And, Marco?"

Luffy looks at his mate with a questioning look.

"What's up, yoi?"

"I know this is gonna sound weird, but...will you sit in pops lap? Just... incase? To like help ground him. Please?"

"Sure thing, kiddo."