The story unfolds a little more

"Who's them?"

"Akainu and Blackbeard."

"Blackbeard? Whose that supposed to be?"

The commanders look at each other in confusion. No one had heard the name before.

"A traitor of the worst kind."

The hand Luffy has attached to Thatch tightens at this, and everyone notices growing even more concerned about their 4th division commander.

"What did he do?"

Thatch asked nervously with a lump in his throat and dread hanging heavily in the air.

Luffy looks up from his lap with a mix of anger and sadness.

"He killed a fellow shipmate all for a devil fruit. He fooled everyone on his crew for years. He hid his true strength and used his captains fame, searching for the fruit while staying out of the spotlight. At least until his crewmate had found the fruit he wanted so badly."

Everyone was on the edge of their seats already.

"What happened to the mate who found the fruit little one. "

"Teach stabbed him in the back and fled the ship while in the middle of a storm."

The fist he had attached to Thatch was trembling violently, and Luffy pulled him even closer to himself and Marco, whispering that the crew was devastated when they found him the same night.

Everyone was horrified and angry. A few of them even saying that wasn't true, that Teach would never do such a thing.

"I KNOW WHAT HE DID!!!!!"

Luffy screamed at the top of his lungs. Conquerors haki on full blast. Many commanders were in a defensive position with weapons drawn. Marco was fully surrounding Luffy in his phoenix form to protect him. Even Izo and Thatch were protecting Luffy, both believed there was more to the story.

"Enough! Let the boy continue."

Whitebeard hasn't moved an inch, but everyone could feel the haki in his command.

".... why do you believe that Teach killed Thatch? And for a fruit no less?"

Luffy looks up at them in confusion.

"Believe? Why wouldn't I believe anything Marco and Ace-niichan tell me is a danger to my crew?"

Many wide eyes whipped to Marco in suprise and a hint of betrayal while some wanted to say that didn't sound like something Marco would tell the boy. None got a word out tho because Luffy rounded on them in fury.

"This Marco didn't tell me! The one from my time did! So don't you dare blame Marco for something he didn't do. And don't even think of blaming mine or my brother either! My Marco lost a lot of you, and I won't let you insult him for trying to protect his mates from a traitor!!"