Marco's interventions

It's been about a week since Marco found Luffy. And he has yet to regain consciousness. Marco was really starting to worry about his mate. While Luffy's wounds have been slowly healing with the combination of Marco's fruit and the medical help he received, he was still heavily injured and in a coma.

"Marco, you need to eat something. Please, it's been almost 3 days since you last ate."

"I'm not hungry, Thatch. I just want him to wake up and be ok."

"I know. But how do you think he would feel if he saw you starving yourself waiting for him?"

"Hhhh. Ok. But just some soup. I'm still not really hungry."

"Who do you think I am? I'm the head chef. Of course, I only brought soup. This isn't the first time you've pulled this stunt after all."

Marco glares at him for that comment, but it deflates almost instantly.

"I'm sorry for worrying you and everyone else."

"It's OK, Marco. We understand you're worried about the kid, but you have to take care of yourself too."

"I'll try and do better from now on. You guys can come in, you know. I'm not going to bit your heads off."

"Sorry Marco, it's just that every time you get like this, you become really territorial or cranky. We weren't sure how this being your mate would affect you."

"No, I understand Vista, and you guys were right to be cautious. Even I'm not sure how I would react."

"So this is the mysterious mate I've been hearing so much about from our ship brothers."

"The only one on board, at least. Think you can find some clothes for him Izo?"

"Who do you take me for? A Neanderthal? Of course I can find him some clothes, and if not you know I can always make him something."

"Heh. Thanks, Izo. It means a lot to me, yoi."

"Now. Up. You need a shower, some clean clothes and some sleep. But first I want you to eat the soup Thatch brought you."

"But..."

"No buts, my son. I will watch over him while you go get some rest and cleaned up."

Jumping in surprise, Marco whirls around to face his father and capitan.

"POPS! Um... how long have you been there?"

Newgate looks at his oldest with a look of sadness and understanding.

"I have been keeping an eye on you all week, my son, and this needs to stop. All you are doing is driving yourself into the ground, and that won't help your little mate, if he wakes up to you looking like death warmed over."

Marco looks down in shame, mumbling an apology as he does so.

"...sorry pops..."

"Sigh."

"Marco. Worrying about your mate is admirable. But, running yourself ragged and not taking care of your well-being? That is just foolish. And something we can no longer bear to watch."

Marco looks at his father and brothers in confusion before a look of shock takes its place.

"Wait...are you??? Is this an intervention?"

"Yes, Marco. It is. We are really worried and won't let you keep going like this."

"Jozu..."

Looking down in shame once more, Marco nods his head in understanding before getting up to listen to his family. But not before he says one last thing.

"I'm sorry for causing so much worry and trouble. Thank you for helping me. I am sorry for being so blind."

Turning to his father, he asks without word if he will watch his mate.

"You have nothing to worry about, my son. I shall not leave his side until you come back well rested."

"Thanks, Pops."