8 Years In The Past

Tumble Valley 8 years in the past.

It was quiet and peaceful in the forest mountains of Tumble Valley when suddenly something fell from the sky creating a crater in the ground as it crash-landed. In the center of that crater was non-other than 16-year-old Monkey D. Luffy. 

Meanwhile in another part of Tumble Valley closer to the shore but at the edge of the forest was a pirate ship. But not just any ship it was the Moby Dick the ship of the Whitebeard pirates.

One of these said pirates was actually heading into the forest just as Luffy crashed. Thankfully the pirate was unaware of said crash landing being far enough away to not hear it and was just enjoying the peace and quiet away from his ship brothers while he had the chance. This pirate was non-other than the notorious first mate of the Whitebeard Pirates, Marco The Pheonix.

 Marco is well known to go and explore these woods anytime they land on the island, and he is one of the few who know the location of all the caves and hiding spots in the entire forest like the back of his hand.

At this time Luffy was just starting to regain consciousness when he became aware that there were people surrounding him. Groaning in pain he manages to open his eyes just enough to see six men surrounding him before closing his eyes again and going limp.

The group of men surrounding him laugh when they think he passed back out saying.

"Check it out boss he can't even stay awake! Looks like we got a defenseless kid with no clue what's about to happen to him! HAHAHAHA!"

"Quite right you are. It's been a while since I've had such an easy catch for a slave."

At hearing those words Luffy's blood turns to ice before burning like fire in his anger. His eyes snap open before he's shooting to his feet with a growl.

"I am nobody's slave and the only way you are taking me is over my cold dead body bastards!"

Before unleashing his conquerors haki on full blast knocking the bastards out cold.

Suddenly dizzy Luffy's legs buckle under him as a groan of pain leaves his lips. Taking a second to gather himself he uses his limited observation haki to scan his surroundings looking for any other threats coming his way when something at the edge of his range gets his attention.

There at the edge of the forest was a strong presence and it was heading his way. Just before he can get up to run he hears the men surrounding him start to stir. Quickly blasting them again to make sure they stay down this time he checks on the presence again only to find that it's heading his way even faster than it was previously.

Panicking Luffy takes off for the top of the mountain at a dead sprint pushing his injured body as fast as he can and then even faster as the adrenaline starts pumping. Keeping an eye on the strong presence chasing him all the while, he finally makes it to the top of the mountain, to the one cave that only one person should know about at this point in time. And that person unbeknownst to Luffy is the exact same person who is chasing him.