Whitebeard

"Are you ready, oyaji?"

"Go ahead, son."

"Ok, here goes. Memory Transfer."

Just like before, Luffy put his hand on Newgate's head, and a golden glow surrounded them both.

Newgate at first didn't feel anything, but then he noticed as a headache started to form, and memories started filling his head. Unlike Izo, he did not lose consciousness. A few minutes passed before Whitebeards eyes snapped open with a glare, and a blast of haki left him in his anger.

Before he could even think of doing anything, he felt movement on top of him and on both sides of him before Marco's head popped into view. This was followed by Izo and someone who had him freezing in place.

With wide eyes, Newgate slowly sat up, eyes never leaving the son he lost not so long ago.

"Thatch, my boy, is it really?"

"Yeah, pops. I'm real and alive. We can stop it from happening. All of it."

"I've missed you, my son. I'm so sorry. I was blinded by that traitor. I swear he won't touch another son for as long as I live."

Everyone could feel the haki in that vow.

"Would you grant this old man a hug?"

Thatch just chuckled at his father before leaping to hug him.

"You know I never turn down hugs, pops!"

During all of this, Izo noticed that Luffy was unusually quiet.

"You ok, kiddo? You're awfully quiet over there."

That brought all attention to Luffy, and everyone notices how the kid tensed but didn't reply.

Luffy was scared that now that Whitebeard had remembered, he wouldn't see him as a son anymore. And he felt like he didn't belong by his side anymore.

Even Marco and Thatch were getting concerned at the kids' continued silence.

"Kid?"

"Luffy, you ok?"

Newgate was staring at the boy and saw how the child still refused to answer and was as tense as a loaded spring. Making many of the commanders worry and shuffle in place while sharing concerned looks.

"This doesn't change anything, you know."

Newgate said in a calm voice.

That just made Luffy flinch before he replied in a quiet voice.

"...I know... Marco, we should get..."

Newgate just rolled his eyes in amusement while huffing. Before scooping the child into his arms, earning a startled gasp.

"You are still my son. You are still Ace's brother, Izo's brother, and Marco's mate. No matter what, you will always be my son."

Luffy looks up at Newgate with wide, watery eyes. Before an embarrassed blush took over his cheeks.
As he leaned against the emperor, the tension left his form completely.

"Thanks, Oyaji."

"Now we should get Marco's transferred."