Talks About Impel Down

Vista figured it was probably best to move the topic back to important matters.

"Ok, so we've talked about how Teach fits in, but how does Akainu fit in with everything?"

Luffy looks down sadly.

"He became the new navy admiral."

"WHAT?!"

"Oh, this isn't going to end well."

Everyone looks shocked and a few horrified.

"Hmm, that does not bode well at all. Tell me, child, however, did this happen."

"It started after Ace was captured. The government declared war on you. It was known as the war of the best."

"Now that's a fitting title! Man, I wish I could have seen it!"

Thatch says energetically. It's only Luffy's flinch and subconscious tug closer that reminds Thatch that he was dead. Even some of the other commanders look sad at the reminder.

Izo decides he doesn't like it and speaks up.

"What's with those looks!"

Turning to Luffy, he asks.

"You came back to change this, didn't you? So stop it with the sad looks we will be prepared this time. It won't be the same. We. Won't let it be the same."

Luffy looks at Izo with a grateful smile. Before taking a deep breath.

"He's right. I won't let it happen this time. I..."

Only to be cut off by Marco this time as he nuzzles his head.

"I think you mean we, Luffy. You're not alone. Remember? I will always have your back."

"He is right, my son. You are not alone. And Marco isn't the only one on your side. Marco is my son, and you his mate, which also makes you my son. And in this crew we look after our family. If someone goes after one of us. They better be prepared to go through all of us."

"YA! WE GOT YOUR BACK KID!"

"IF THEY WANT TO HURT YOU, THEY GOTTA GO THROUGH US!"

Shocked, Luffy looks at the people surrounding him with tears that slowly fall before coming faster and faster.

With a crack in his voice, Luffy says with all his heart.

"..th..thank you.."

Calming down, Luffy continues.

"A little while after Ace was captured, I found out and broke into impel down to rescue him."

At hearing this, Marco was the one who interrupted next.

"You did what?!"

Marco asked with a growl, and he pulled Luffy flush against himself.

Feeling Luffy flinch slightly, Marco takes a deep breath. Gives a gentle squeeze and apologizes before asking him to continue.

".....sorry... I'm just concerned. Please continue."

Luffy just nods and takes Marco's hand in his and squeezes.

"I managed to get all the way down to level 6. But I was too late. They had already moved Ace. I almost died there because of the wardens' poison. But Ivankov was able to save me by shortening my lifespan."

Many people paled at hearing the kid almost died, but many gasped at hearing his life shortened in order for his to survive.

"Once I was conscious, we stole a ship and headed for navy hq. You were already there."

"Hold up... you went to navy headquarters after almost dying with just the two of you?!"

Haruka asked, horrified.

Luffy just shook his head before explaining.

"No. While I was in impel down, I broke out some people. Like Buggy, Crocodile, Bon Clay, and even Jimbei. Who broke even more people out. And we escaped with a ship full of people."

Many wanted to know why Jimbei, Ivankov, and Crocodile were in impel down but figured they could wait to find out.

"Once we got the ship, we tried to escape but were stopped by the gate. So Bon Clay decided to stay behind and get the gate open. Giving us our chance to follow after Ace.