In The Mood

The stranger had continued to sit in the center of the cell, legs crossed, hands on their knees with their head bowed. The only time they had hardly moved from the spot. They didn't move to the bed to sleep, they didn't walk around to stretch their limbs in all honesty the only movement the cameras had picked up was when they went to use the in cell toilet. 

The masked stranger had been counting the seconds, the minutes, the hours, the days they had been here. 2 days 13 hours 34 minutes and 33 seconds … 34 … 35 … 36 … 37 … 38 … 39 …..the door to the room clicked open. 

The stranger's pushed their shoulders back to sit up straight once again, their eyes following the pair of shoes that walked into view. The stranger let out a small laugh shaking their head, the most they had done in the day. 

"At first I'm given Stark, he was fun while he lasted, I think I added a few stress marks, left him quite flabbergasted. Yet here you stand, before me in all pride and glory, I swear you were part of a show band, you have a 103 year old long story. So tell me captain, in your star spangled suit, do you miss the ice you were once wrapped in, a hero you are no longer that fact is absolute. You stand before me, all high and mighty, but you've left love behind in the debris, you are really not that almighty." 

"Cute." Steve scoffs as the stranger brings their hands to their heart and starts swaying.

"The soldier thinks I'm cute, trying to trap me with his charm, you are nothing but a brute, with wonky trees for arms." The stranger swoons as they fan their face pretending to hide a brush from the compliment. 

"I meant your poems." The stranger shrugs unaffected by the remark. "If I were you I would start talking. It's for your best interests, you give us what we want and you may get a toilet in your cell at the raft."

"Oh boohoo I'm so scared, the raft is like a holiday home if I was to compare, you too seem quite unprepared, for we are all in the brumaire, the time of darkness and mist, it will get hard to resist. My pleas and cries and my poems for you all, every word as important as the next, but you are a simple neanderthal, the only thing you would be good for is sex." 

"Hey cut it ou…." Steve's words were cut off as the stranger stands up as they speak, well sing, again.

"Oh no I am wrong, for your last beloved you left in 1945, she could not wait all day long, so got married and learned to thrive. That is right my dear old friend, your first love left you behind, you watched her die in the end, like two star crossed lovers you were blind."

"I'm not here to talk about me and what could have been! I'm here to get answers!" Steve took a step forward, the stranger matching his stance Steve now realising he was only a few inches taller. "Stark says the name is Violet. Is that correct?" 

The stranger didn't say anything but instead copied every mannerism of Steve. If he furrowed his brows they furrowed their brows, if his arm twitched their arm twitched, if he flexed his muscles to try and show some form of dominance so did the stranger. This went unnoticed by Steve, but the masked stranger knew that when they re-watched the footage it would be easily seen by those trained to.

"I asked you a question! Now answer it goddammit!" Steve's voice echoed around the room as it rose an octave higher, anger seeping out with every breath. 

"Language my god righteous man, does one kiss his mother with that mouth, maybe it's time you take out that pension plan, maybe you need to go back to the old South. Before you time I know it is, but I just feel like you'd just fit in, or maybe I just stop your bundle of his, or maybe feed you some botulin, watch you fall to your demise, for you and me are not allies."