Honey

Wanda is sitting on the armchair in the corner of Nat's room, her leg bouncing up and down as she bites at her nails and her eyes trained on the now sleeping assassin. Wanda could feel and see the torment that was happening within the mind of the sleeping woman, the past coming back to haunt her. Just like it did when Wanda forced nightmares onto the team during her short time with Ultron. 

Wanda is having a mental debate on whether or not to wake the woman, who every now and again will toss and turn a few murmurs of incoherent babble leaving her lips. It was obvious to Wanda that Natasha was stuck in a nightmare but she didn't want to wake her up, or try and help by using her magic to give her a good dream. Going in someone's head without permission was a big invasion of privacy and Wanda had promised herself never to do it again once she joined the team. She couldn't bring herself to do it. 

"You stayed." Natasha's sudden voice causes Wanda to jump slightly in her chair as her eyes flick to see Natasha already looking at her with something she can't quite decipher. 

"Of course. I wasn't going to leave you after whatever happened. You seemed to be having a bad dream, but I didn't want to try and pull you out of it or give you a good one. I just didn't want to go inside your head without your consent so I just kept an eye on you." Wanda rambles on, scared she will deal with the wrath of the black widow if she doesn't explain herself properly. 

"Thank you." Natasha's voice once again startles Wanda slightly as the young Sokovian gets lost in her own rambles.

"I...you don't need to thank me, it's the least I can do….after everything." Wanda fiddles with her rings as her eyes shy away from looking at Natasha instead choosing the spot on the floor more interesting.

"Wanda." Wanda doesn't react to Natasha's voice instead nibbling at her lip as she wills away the tears. 

"Wanda." Natasha's voice is soft, no malice or anything more than the gentleness can be heard in her tone, but again Wanda doesn't look up.

"Wanda, honey, you know I forgave you for all of that." Wanda nods her head, but does not believe herself when she half heartedly agrees. 

"Wanda, we were on different teams. You did as instructed, you did your job. You completed your mission. I hold nothing against you, if I did it would be very hypocritical of me. I have been on the opposite side, a lot longer than you and I did things that you can't possibly imagine or want to imagine. I have so much red in my ledger they could release a whole saga of movies about my life and still never get close to finishing it….honey could you please look at me?"

The softness of Natasha's voice allows Wanda to let herself look at the woman, visibly relaxing when she sees a small smile on the woman's face. Natasha sitting up slightly to lean against the headboard, her legs put in front of hers under the covers.

"There you are….Wanda if I haven't made it clear these past three years that I forgive you then I am completely and utterly sorry, because I do. Forgive you. You were young, you still are. You were on the side of the fight that you thought was the right side, and when you came to realise what was truly going on you helped us. I never once held what you did against you." 

"I thought you had been avoiding me all this time. I wouldn't blame you. Whenever I would go to speak to you, or even if we were doing team bonding you could never look at me or your answers were always so short. So I stopped trying outside of missions." 

"I've been told I've got a scary glare." Wanda's brows furrow as she looks directly into Natasha's eyes and Natasha's eyes don't waver from her. 

"What?" Wanda lets out a confused laugh.