Part of The Plan

"The Winter Soldier? I thought he disappeared after the whole bringing down shield and Hydra thing?" Steve sits up straighter in his chair at the news.

"He did and I've been tracking him ever since." Steve scoffed at Y/n's information. 

"Why didn't you bring him in?" 

"I couldn't." 

"Oh why not?" Y/n took a deep breath knowing that Steve's anger is just an emotional reaction to the news. 

"Because I would have been compromised." 

"Fuck being compromised we have to help him." 

"And we will, but I couldn't risk getting compromised."

"Why not? If you were really that important to Fury I think we would have met you at least once especially since you have powers and all." 

"Captain Rogers. That information is classified. I will not say it again, I could not risk being compromised for safety reasons." Steve half spins in his chair moving to stand up and walking towards Y/n who just stands her ground. 

"Who's safety Y/n? Your own, because I think it's pretty bloody selfish of you to put one's needs above other people's." Steve pushed against Y/n's chest but she didn't budge looking up to the man with a fire in her eyes that made him take a step back. 

"Captain Rogers, I suggest you sit back down." Y/n's voice was level and harsh, but Steve decided he wasn't going to back down and stepped forward, leaving no room between the two of them. 

"Tell me where my friend is." Steve seethed. 

Y/n simply turned her head to look at Fury who gave her a small nod, going unnoticed by everyone but Steve her eyes started to glow but only for a second before they returned to their normal light violet.

"Your friend is safe for now. But when we rescue him we will need to keep him in the cell till we can transfer him over to Wakanda." Steve finally took a few steps back leaning his back against the conference room tables.

"What is Wakanda?"

"A beautiful country that is going to save us a lot of time and hassle."

"Time and hassle with what?"

"Look I can't tell you everything. This is not the way it is going to work. But you get to know the basics. Your friend Bucky, AKA the Winter Soldier was brainwashed by Hydra after he fell from that train. The acts he committed between being captured in 1945 and up until 2014 were all Hydra's works. He could not control his actions."

"That's it. That's all you can tell me?" 

"That's all you get to know."

"Fine. Where do we start? Do you know where he is?" 

"He keeps moving. He is hard to track, so we are going to have to do this my way."

"Nope, not happening." Stark stood from his seat leaning against the back of it.

"It's my way or no way and everything will all come crashing down." 

"What's that meant to mean?" Tony looks between Fury and Y/n still not getting the answers they want. 

"Look, these powers are a gift as well as a curse. I know things that would make your tiny little brains explode. I'm trying to stop the inevitable by interfering, better late than never. So we either do it my way or I can leave right now and you get to find out in a few years what I was trying to stop."

"Why should we trust you?" Y/n rolls her eyes, Natasha now joining in on going up against her.

"I don't need you to. I just need you to believe me and do your god forsaken jobs in protecting the world." The Avengers stood their open mouthed, no one had ever spoken out of line with Natasha all too scared to be killed.