I Remember You

"What the fuck did you do to Steve!" The stranger ignores the man who has just come barging into sub level 3. "He said he can't remember any of it, apart from entering and leaving. So what the fuck did you do?" 

"The mind is a wonderful thing, to have control over it brings so much fun, from which I can do anything, it's all only just begun." The masked stranger was yet again sat in the centre of the cell, crossed legs, hands on their knees with their head bowed.

"So you're saying you made him do it? That's not possible because the cell is power dampening." 

"Oh my dear boy, this is why they give you the wings, just a glorified bellboy, a jester amongst Kings. For you see my power is of mind and soul, from greater worlds I was forged, thrown out of a kingdom by a single asshole, from those who died I did gorge."

"Okay, hold up. Backtrack. So you're saying you still have your powers and that you ate people." The stranger rolls their eyes at the man's incompetence as they moved to stand.

"Sam the man, who needs wings to fly, his brain shallower than a bedpan, he wants to make it as a spy, has less flavour than a pecan, soaring up high as his sister struggles to get by." 

"Get my sister's name out of your mouth. How do you even know about her?" 

"All the wrong questions you all do ask, I'm getting bored of this little game, you all hide behind frost tinted glass, can't figure out my first name, all because I have a bit of sass, only the pirate is to blame, the one of the highest in this field of class." 

"What the fuck does any of that even mean?" The stranger lets out  a frustrated growl slamming their fist into the ground. 

"All of you to dumb to realise, that truth lies behind my eyes, I want nothing more then out of this place, out of this stupid fucking base. Yet Mr Pirate said I had to talk, about all that I know, I simply tell it each time someone comes to gawk, you just aren't using the right ammo. I have given you hints to secrets no others know, my knowledge relentlessly tormenting my brain, none of you seem to have gotten the memo, and it's causing me a big fucking migraine."

"Well maybe if you stopped speaking in rhymes it would be easier for us to understand!" 

The stranger throws their hands in the air as they let out a frustrated sigh, pacing around the cell. They shake their hands out to the side and only then does Sam see the violet sparks flying from their fingers bouncing off the floor before disappearing.

"Uh, guys. I need Wanda down here! Right now." Sam speaks into his coms, having to take a step back as the masked figure punches a crack in the glass. "Right now!" 

Sam stumbles backwards when the stranger's let's out a scream, a wave of purple energy destroying the glass in its wake as the stranger collapses to their knees holding their head in their hands. Sam manages to get behind the control panel hitting the emergency switch, but it does nothing. He hits it again. Nothing.

"Dammit, fucking shit." He peaks over to look in the cell, eyes widening when he sees no one in there. 

He feels someone grab him from behind, turning around quickly he is met by bright Violet eyes, as the color seems to seep out of the eyes and disperses into the air. Just as the stranger brings their hand up to his throat a ball of red throws them across the room. 

"Sam go." He doesn't wait another second before scrambling to his feet and escaping the room. 

Wanda's eyes glow a dark red as she looks at the stranger who is shaking their head, rubbing the back of it with their hand. They slump back against the wall and pull at their mask, but it just sends a jolt of electricity through their body. Wanda's eyes turn back to normal for just a second seeing the stranger continuously pull at their mask, even though they keep getting shocked. 

So she makes a decision. She waves her hand, the security cameras and mics in the room clicked off. She slowly walks over to the stranger who is still pulling at their mask, grunts of pain eoching around the room. When they see Wanda crouch in front of them their eyes flash with color, backing further into the wall. Wanda holds her hands up where the stranger can see them.

"Let me help." The stranger's eyes move in every direction trying to contemplate if Wanda actually wants to help them. 

When they pull at the mask again, receiving another shock that brings tears to their eyes, their body slumps as they give up fighting. They watch Wanda's every move, as she moves slowly making sure not to spook the stranger. 

"I remember you." Wanda starts conversation as her hands slowly drag the hood away from the stranger's face.

"You were in Sokovia." Her hands move to the bottom of the balaclava, the coldness of them sending a small shiver around the stranger's body. 

"You always used to help me and my brother." She starts to pull the balaclava of the stranger's head, smiling when she sees the pure white hair fall from its holding place. 

"I didn't know you had any enhancements." Wanda moves her hands to the stranger's mask, her hands following it the whole way around to see if there was a clasp. 

"I never did get to thank you, for giving us a place to stay." The stranger blinked as tendrils of red mist left Wanda's fingers dancing around the mask.

"If it wasn't for you, me and my brother would have died on the streets of Sokovia." A few clicks could be heard before the mask dropped into the stranger's lap causing them to take a sharp breath, their hands shooting to feel their face.

"Hi Y/n." Wanda smiled at them, she had known who they were since they were first shown pictures but didn't say anything waiting for her turn in interrogating, it came a lot sooner than she was hoping. She was enjoying watching her annoy everyone. 

Y/n's bottom lip quivered as Wanda’s hand came to cup her cheek, a sad smile painted on her face. Y/n's hands grasped onto Wanda's shirt making sure it was real, that everything that she was watching wasn't a dream.

"I know I got you." Wanda's voice croaked with emotion. "No one can hurt you." 

"They….would….wouldn't….lis...listen." Y/n looked down at the mask. "I tried...help….helping...but...no...no one...listened." 

"I know, I know." Wanda pulled y/n against her chest. "I think they forget that I can read minds sometimes."

"You...know?" Wanda nodded gently.

"This mask doesn't define you Y/n, he should have never used it against you."

"How did he even find it?" Y/n cleared their throat now getting used to speaking without the mask. 

"I don't know, but as you said the pirate man always has a plan." 

"He used my own weakness against me." 

"I know." 

"I'm going to kill him."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Ooooo. What is happening?

So Y/n isn't going to go all soft too quickly, I can promise you that they are still going to be a crazy bitch.

I always feel like this story is going to be a shorter story than my other one, but this was more so I could see what I could do with an enemies to lovers storyline. Its not my best writing, and maybe slightly confusing but it will all start making sense....at some point.