Are You Lonesome Tonight?

Y/n stirs in her sleep, rolling onto her side as she allows her eyes to open, taking in the darkness of the room and the moonlight that seeps through a gap in the curtain. She takes in a deep breath, relief flooding her mind as she feels her lungs fully inflate before she slowly lets the breath out and feels them completely deflate. She can breathe again. Her hand moves to rub at her face, blinking as she realises how dry her eyes feel assuming she had either cried or completely dissociated during the panic attack, if she is being truthful she can't remember anything after she ended up on the floor.

"Fuck." She whispers into the darkness of the room, sitting up as she tries to recall anything that happened after ending up on the floor in the kitchen. "Nothing."

She looks out of the window, smiling when her eyes stop to admire the moon through the small gap in the curtains. Y/n moves her legs to the edge of the bed planting her feet on the soft carpet before pushing herself up to standing. She stretches her arms above her head, linking her fingers together to stretch out her hands and fingers before slowly lowering them as she rolls her shoulders backwards. Once her muscles feel slightly less tense she takes a few small steps to the window slowly opening the curtains, her eyes scanning the night sky.

Eyes scanning the night sky above her, the compound in the perfect location to see the milky way from her window. She gently places her hand on the cold glass, her eyes moving to look at the forest in front, frost visible on the outside as the cool night air seems to freeze the world around in a perfect state of what Y/n remembers it once to be. Desolate, lonely, void of human life and man made architecture but the Earth itself alive, thriving and teaming with life of plants and animals now deemed extinct for many millions of years. She watched as earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, tsunamis built the most beautiful architecture; a world covered in its own creation.

Y/n remembers watching it change and grow by itself, a planet that did not need any other life than what it had created but she knew the true purpose of the planet and underneath all the beauty is the horror of what could be. Leaning her forehead against the glass, her warm breath fogging it up as she takes in a deep breath, holding it, as she closes her eyes. With both hands now on the window she can feel it, the steady thump thump thump of the ever growing celestial within the core of the planet. It's not noticeable to humans, the gentle rotation of the Earth and from all things man has made are able to hide the strong heartbeat that will always cause Y/n to be on edge until the moment it's awoken..

"Care for a dance?" Y/n smiles to herself with a chuckle, her eyes moving to see the reflection in the window, turning around smiling wider as she holds out her hand.

"Hey doll." Y/n bites her lip watching as Peggy places her hand in Y/n's open palm. Taking a step closer to her wife, Y/n rests her hand on Peggy's waist.

"We will walk as the stars light our way, we will dance as the moon traps us in its light." The sound of Peggy's accent makes Y/n's heart sore, it always has and it always will.

Y/n presses a soft kiss to Peggy's lips before standing up straight and taking a step to start to lead Peggy in a slow dance, no particular dance in mind both just gently swaying with each other. Peggy's hand holds tightly to her wife's as her other hand rests delicately on Y/n's shoulder; resting her own head on it as she allows Y/n to lead her in the dance. Y/n tilts her head to rest on top of Peggy's gently humming the first song that pops to mind. Peggy scrunches her brows as she listens to the tune trying to figure out the song, only relaxing when she feels a few gentle kisses being placed on her temple. Peggy, unable to figure out what song Y/n is humming, decides to sing a different song.

"Are you lonesome tonight, do you miss me tonight, are you sorry we drifted apart." Y/n slowly lifts her head, looking down at Peggy in both surprise at the choice of song but in complete awe listening to her voice. "To a bright summer day, when I kissed you and called you sweetheart."