~16~

=========Tw- Cursing, drugs, alcohol=========

Turns out I wasn't able to go and I kinda didn't want to.. But we decided long distance would work. It's been a month since he left and I decided to work on myself. I went to get checked out to see what was wrong with my stomach and I have an eating disorder.. it's not as severe as others but it's there. I had to change up my diet so that it doesn't happen again. And I've been working out to get the body I want. I feel good about myself. I applied for several jobs so now I'm working three jobs. Sounds hard but not when it's something you like mixed with discounts you can get for the things you love. corpse has asked me to stick with one but honestly I'm trying to get out of his hair, and start paying for rent or helping him. It's only fair.

"heyy i'm going to go hang out with emma and sykkuno, u wanna come?"
"uh i don't know i was gonna go in for work then go on a virtual date with karl '' i said feeling bad. He understands and heads out. I start getting ready for work and while I'm changing into uniform I get a message.

Pretty boy
Hiiii

pretty girl
Heyooo :]

pretty boy
Are we still on for out virtual date? if not its cool

pretty girl
ofc it's still on why wouldn't it be???

pretty boy
Idk I had a feeling :/

pretty girl
Tell that feeling to go away 😌 but if your not feeling up to it we don't have to do it, i don't mind as long as you're feeling good :3

pretty boy
what did i do to deserve you, i am feeling under the weather but i'll still hop on to have our date :]

pretty girl
Nooo if you're feeling sick just make some soup and rest!! Your health matters more <3

Pretty boy
You sure?

pretty girl
yes i'm sure! Now I gotta go to work byeee! <33 :)

pretty boy
Byee! :] <3

i turn off my phone and take the bus. My first shift is working at a drugstore. I picked the morning shift because night shifts are a no go if we're talking about safety. I check in and I see my coworkers. I don't mind them, it's just the way we are friends but I'm always left out and I genuinely don't care considering this is a part time job.

"yoo y/n what's good!" trevor gave me a hug. obviously being nice i returned it but he reeked of weed. "I'm doing good, I see you guys are having fun," I plainly pointed out. " Yeaah We are you want to join?" Vanessa surprisingly asked me to join.

"I mean sure but I won't be smoking sorry guys' ' I chuckle a bit with them. " no worries we know ur not i to that shit."

"yeah yeah i got this one" i say heading to the register referring to our customer. "Hi, can I get a pack of cigars, a cigarette and a vape pen with some bourbon? Oh and I'll take this pack of beer" the guy rudely said. Used to it by now. " I'm sorry sir you would have to get the tobacco products at different times, you can't buy them all at once it violates the policy" i explain. " bitch you better give than to me."
i roll my eyes. "no if you don't pick i pick for you" i snap. He hold eye contact with me trying to make a point but i hold it not budging and he rolls his eyes. " Alright can i get the pack of cigars and this beer." he said through gritted teeth. " Yes, yes you may" i change my attitude completely but still stay sassyish. "that will be $27.84" he oays and heads out. he glares at me and i give his a sassy smile. At least i get free monsters while working here. "Damn y/n if he spoke to me like that i would have beat the shit outta him" vanessa pats my back. "yeah well he was being an ass so i gave him the same attitude."

I continued working for the rest of my shift until I had to go. Next shift. "bye guys! have a good one!" i shout from my stop. " BYEEE!" they shout back with more energy.

I took the bus to my next stop and I bought some monsters to keep me up considering this one is more of being hands-on. I enter the mall and go through the employee only area. I walk into the store and am hit with the mix of scents. I love this job. before i check i  i get a call.

y-"hello?"
k-" Hi love i was checking in on you"
I smile. y-" aww yeah i'm good, you sound sick. How's your throat?"
k- it hurts like hell but i'll manage.
y- ah if you say so. I miss you
k- i know baby i miss you too, the first chance i get to see you im booking a ticket, but i'll see because jimmy has a lot of videos planned so maybe next month..
y- yeah sounds good. Look, I gotta go, my shift starts.. oh shit now. I love you bye!

I hang up then i realize. Shit shit shit. I told Karl I love him but we never said that to each other. I didn't even give him a chance to speak. I take a deep breath in and check in. I was new to this job so i don't know anyone yet but so far they all seem... interesting.

My co-worker comes up to me to tell me what my first thing is. " Hi im Britney, the girl with braids, she's Yasmine, and the two guys are Jesus and Mark." she said with a sweet smile. " I'm y/n your hairs so pretty" her hair was dyed pink and purple and her makeup was flawless. " Oh thank you! So today should be easy, because this store just opened here. We just need to bring in all the candles, sanitizers, lotion, body spray, all that good stuff and put them on the shelves. Mark and Jesus already set up the furniture so all we need to do is take the boxes down." I nod my head and head out back to bring a box. the box was heavs as fuck but oh well. I start organizing the body sprays and candles that go with it then move on. It got to the point where I had to reach the top top shelf but I couldn't. " Hey Jesus can you help me?" he nods his head and does the too shelves. "oh Jesus, Britny, and mark will do the too shelves considering they can reach and we can't." Yasmine explained with a laugh at the end. " Yeah u guys are fucken short" mark pointed out. " Ay that's uncalled for" I joke. " Your moms uncalled for" we all laugh and joke around while we set up. I love this group. I found out britney is alro bisexual, Yaamine has a 2 year old. jesus is not one to dink, and mark he drinks and loves making your mom jokes.

I checked the time and it's now my lunch break. I grab my backpack I used to carry around my different uniforms and I go to the drugstore I work at. " yoo y/n i got you a box of pizza" Trevor hands it to me. " Thank you!"
" How's the second shift treating you?" Vannessa curiously asked. " Good, I honestly like it. I thought it was gonna be harder but no." We chatted for a while then I had to head out. I make it back still with a full box of pizza. I head in and apparently i still have 30 minutes for break. " hey you guys want some pizza?" they all come over and we all eat and fst to know each other more. Mark is 22 and lives with his whole family still. House full of four nieces and nephews, His sister and her husband and his mom. Damn. Pray for him. Britney loves crystals and light witchcraft and i admire her for that. Yasmine is a single mom and needs help with babysitting for when she goes out so i volunteered for that, and jesus, he lives with his parents but they are strict af. Marks 22, Britney is 24, Yasmine is 21, and Jesus is 20. Nice to know. Now I know why Jesus isn't much of a drinker.

I finished my shift and was about to go to my third shift, but they told me they were closed for today. It's late at night so I take the opportunity to get some rest. I take the bus then walk the rest of the way home. Once I get in I drop my bags and knock out on the couch.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing so I picked it up. " y/n oh my god."
"what! omg vanessa what!"
" That guy you told off. He came back and he fucken tried robbing the store. He has a gun and a knife on him! He was looking for you! it's on the news but he was caught so you're good. but i wanted to see if you still want to come in tomorrow.?"

I think for a second. If that's what happens when I snap i dont think it's a good idea to keep working there. But I need the money. well not really. but it would be beneficial.

" No, I think Imma resign. Im already working 3 shifts and im reducing it to two shifts, thank you for the job tho"

I hung up then went back to sleep.

A/n: According to wattpad statistics only a small percentage of people who read my story actually vote, so if you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting! It's free and you can always change your mind later! I hope you enjoyed!