Special

Cooking the dish she have missed so much was the most satisfying for Mikaela.

After she cooked she serve it in front of Mikey and Shinichiro. Making them her personal food tester.

They gulp looking at the food.

"W-what is this?" Shinichiro ask hesitantly looking at the dish.

"Kare-kare, adobo, dinuguan, and bicol express." She simply replied sitting in her seat.

"I understand these three dishes but— why's this one black?" Shinichiro ask her.

"Find it out." She said then start eating while Manjiro and Shinichiro gulp at it. Closing their eyes first and then shoving it to their mouth. Minutes later even though nervous it was delicious.

"It was good!/It was great!" She smile at them proud that she cooked it well.

"So what is this made off? It was delicious, there's a bit crisp in the pork." Shinichiro ask her. She look at him and then smile.

(A/N: I know it was different from the other 'Dinuguan' but I'm putting the Ilocano dinuguan. We fry our dinuguan first but not that much fried and then the normal procedure. In my place this is the popular dinuguan. Hope you all understand.)

He doesn't trust that smile.

"It was made of pork blood." With that veing said they choke.

"What?" The two were dumbfounded slowly paling knowing what the dish were made of.

"Y-you could've TOLD US SOONER NEE-SAN!!!" Mikey exclaimed getting water while Mikaela just scratch her ears with her pinky.

"It was Dinuguan, it was called 'Pork Blood Stew' for a reason." She explained to them still eating. The two make look at the female.

She sigh irritated.

"Then don't eat it. That's the reason I cooked 4 dish." She said rolling her eyes.

"Where did you even bought pork blood?!" Shinichiro ask the female also drinking water. She look at the two with a smug expression.

"In the market, duh." She said rolling her eyes again.

Her eyes widen when she saw Mikey getting a scoop of bicol express.

'This is gonna be more troublesome.' She sigh mentally. The reason why she only cook a one serving bicol express for one person is because she wanted to solo it.

She decided to stay quiet though. Even though she knew how Mikey doesn't want spicy things.

While Shinichiro lost trust on whether to still eat the dish. Though he doesn't really have the appetite anymore.

"h-HOT?!" They heard Mikey yelled. Mikaela covered her mouth then cough refraining herself from laughing before going to the kitchen to get milk.

"S-SPICY?! HOTHOTHOTHOT!!!" Mikaela gave Mikey the milk with Mikey chugging it in one go. They look at the female smilling widely refraining herself from laughing.

"G-gomen." She said with a peace sign and a innocent smile.

"I forgot to tell you that that's... pfft, mine." She almost whisper the last part then bursting to laughter.

The two male can't help but think about what did they do to deserve this...

▪︎•◇•▪︎

They're at the worst pace again.

Emma was the one to cook for the first time. She was now 9 and Mikaela decide to make Emma cook since Mikaela will be out for some things.

Emma look at Mikey and Shinichiro with innocent eyes. They gulp hesitating to eat the food infront of them.

"I'm home." Mikaela awkwardly said not used on saying that. Shinichiro and Mikey look like dogs excited for their owner to go inside the house except they're on the dining area.

"What?" She ask the two. The pointed the food Emma made. She sigh.

Tasting the first dish she cough. Shinichiro gave her water while Mikey rub her back. Emma bit her inner cheeks guilty.

'It must be bad.' She thought with teary eyes guilty.

"I'll be blunt with my critique. This dish is bad yes, but all you have to do is lessen the salt. The technique is put a little bit of salt then after it boiled taste it if it didn't match your taste then put a little again until it suites your taste." She bluntly said. Looking at the second dish then tasting it.

She sigh.

"This one is way too bland. You put salt but it was way too little." Emma look down the floor while Shinichiro and Mikey is worried to her blunt remarks that she'll make Emma cry.

Them not knowing thay their grandpa is watching them from the dining door. He was impress on how blunt Mikaela is. But he knows that Mikaela is doing this for their own good also.

"The meat is quite undercook and you should put a little bit more fish sauce." Emma nod taking note.

'No! Nee-san is doing this for good. No need to cry self. This is for your own good.' Emma said to herself wiping her tears and then looking at Mikaela.

"Remember that the fish sauce bring out more on the meats flavor. And for the dessert..." Emma got more nervous.

"It was good." Emma celebrate internally.

"But was too sweet." Emma eagerly nod.

"All in all you did a great job. And Manjiro..." Mikey look away having a bad feeling on why Mikaela call him by his full name.

"Y-yeah?"

"You're helping Emma cook. I know you know how to cook." She firmly said making Mikey shiver.

"H-hai." Mikey gave up.

"Teach her how to cook I'll be going to my room call me if you need something." She standing up to go to her room.

They all stayed quiet.

"You heard her, right?" They look a ttheir grandpa.

"Hurry. I'm hungry."

"Hai!" Shinichiro, Emma, and Mikey said in unison. Even Shinichiro helped to cook like cutting ingredients. Even though heaven knows how Mikaela banned Shinichiro to cooked.

~•••~

This was suggested by.... saiexia and AndreaFrancia7 thanks guys for the nice idea.