I'm ten and a half, thank you very much

Tony's POV

*Present Day*

"Anyone got eyes on them?" I asked over the comms.

"Not yet, but keep your eyes open," Cap replied, "they were seen around here just a few minutes ago"

I flew around the area, scouting and looking for signs of the figure. For a few minutes there was nothing, and then I saw someone suspicious looking creeping out of a dark alley. Not ominous at all.

"I got eyes on them" I said quickly, as Friday automatically highlighted the heat signature of the figure "come to the the alleyway near Bleeker Street but be extremely quiet we don't want to scare them away."

"Roger that" Cap said

I quietly followed them, and Nat, Cap and Thor joined me. Bruce was further away, waiting for a code green.

The plan was going absolutely fine until then. Whoever it was had no clue we were following them. That was until the one and only capsicle decided to do something spontaneously stupid that risked the whole mission.

"Put your hands in the air!" He yelled suddenly at the figure from right behind me.

So much for being quiet...

The figure whirled around and stared at us in shock. i stared back, probably in equal shock, because they were so small. A lot smaller than they looked like on camera anyways.

The kid, at least I assumed they were a kid, since they were so small, looked at us, a look of fear, but also excitement flaring in their eyes

"We're not gonna hurt you. We just want to talk." I said, trying to calm them down

The kid froze staring at us warily, and then turned around and sprinted away.

Y/n's POV

I sprinted as fast as I could but I was starting to run out of breath. 

Then, I realized I could just have flown using the water jets...I admit I can be stupid sometimes.

I could see them closing in as I tried to fly even faster, but suddenly I felt a very familiar red, white and blue shield slide past me, grazing the side of my stomach.

"Shit!" I cried out, as I lost concentration and almost collided into a building near me.

"Language!" I heard someone yell.

"Cap! What did we say about using force?" I heard a slightly robotic voice cry out, which probably meant that it came from Iron Man

I had absolutely no clue what to do. There was no places to hide around here and there was definitely no wayI was going to outrun them.

Plus I still had no clue why they were chasing me. I couldn't continue using my powers for much longer. I was already starting to feel drained.

Finally, I decided to do something spontaneous. Didn't people always say that those were the best kind of ideas?

The idea was really stupid, had almost zero thought behind it and was most probably going to get me killed. 

This was gonna be fun!

I span around suddenly, blocking their path and sending them crashing to a stop

We stared at each other for a second, not really saying anything, before I initiated phase two of my pretty dumb plan

Before any of them could react, or do anything to stop me, I blasted the avengers with water, soaking them from head to toe, and successfully managing to keep them away from me, which was exactly what I needed, even though I still had zero clue what they wanted.

As I slowly backed away from them, careful to keep my concentration focused on not letting the water wall get out of control, I heard a mixture of yells, shouted profanities and swears coming from the people stuck behind it.

The 'language' guy mustn't have been happy.

I smirked cause it looked like my plan was working. 

See, this is why people should choose to be spontaneous more often, instead of wasting hours and hours of time worrying whether their plans would work 

At least, that's what I thought, until I felt something sharp hit my arm

This probably wasn't the best time to mention I have a very prominent phobia of needles

The last thing that met my eyes was a deadly sharp dart with the theme of red and black before I fell into unconsciousness. 

This was probably why people weren't spontaneous

Tony's POV

The kid whipped around and blasted us with what looked like a tornado of water, which hit us with the force of a tidal wave

In hindsight, it was a miracle that none of us had drowned

I heard Nat yell something that Cap would never have approved of as Thor swore in Norse.

"Guys is this a code green?" I heard Bruce say over the comms.

"Don't turn green Bruce" I heard Nat yell

"I won't" he replied

"How does this mortal posses these powers?" Thor asked

I had been wondering this myself. The only enhanced we had seen were Wanda and Pietro, and according to Hydra's files, no one else had survived the experimentation.

"We have to do something!" Cap yelled as he tried to dodge the blasts of water

"I had a backup plan, but it was for the worst case" Nat muttered

"Just do it!" Cap shouted.

Nat threw a sleek black and red dart at the kid. As it hit her, the water stopped and she fell to the ground.

"Oh dear, is she dead?" Thor asked staring at the girl's collapsed body on the floor

"You killed someone?!?" Bruce asked anxiously over the comms

I don't really know why he was surprised, its not like it had never happened before

"Relax, it's just a stun dart. She'll be knocked out for a while but she'll be fine." Nat replied.

"What do we do with her?" I asked

"We better take her back to the facility and make sure she's actually fine. I can check her over properly there." Bruce said

So I carefully lifted the kid up and we took her to the jet.

*Time skip brought to you by Tony being overprotective of a kid he just met*

Tony's POV

*Back at the Avenegrs Compound*

"She looks fine...but I won't be completely sure until she wakes up" Bruce said, checking the kid over, "We better remove the mask though, she might choke"

Nate pulled off the mask so that the kid could breathe, and I almost gasped as I took in her face

Her small nose and rounded cheeks couldn't have belonged to anyone much older than a young child

"Are we sure this kid is an actual threat?" I asked, directing the question to the rest of the team, who had gathered in the room, "I mean, she looks only seven or eight."

Before anyone had the chance to answer, a voice interrupted us

"Actually I'm ten and a half, thank you very much." A young voice said, sending us all turning to look to the back of the room, from where the noise originated

The kid was awake.