Chapter 11

Previously on 'A Starlit Gaze',

"Gaaame Staart!!!!" Monaca pressed a button on the armrest of her wheelchair, which opened up the tile that Komaru was standing on.

"Don'cha think Nozomi is acting strange?" Masaru raised a brow.

"She has gotten a bit meaner." Nagisa crossed his arms as a victim and member of the Nozomi Resistance Group. An Anti-Nozomi group created for those she had relentlessly bullied to gather and support each other. Obviously, Nagisa is the only member. So far...

"You guys really don't know how to read a lady's heart." Kotoko sighed. "She's clearly warming up to us, especially Nagisa and I, she seems to like us the best." She stuck out her tongue to boast.

"Well, whatever. I didn't like her anyway!" Masaru scoffed.

"Me?" Nagisa pointed to himself.

"Yeah? You're so oblivious." Kotoko shook her head in disappointment.

"Gosh Kotoko will you stop bringing up the idea that she likes me? It's really starting to get on my nerves." Nagisa looked at her with frustration showing on his face.

"Well I'm just pointing out the obvious for our local idiot!" She stepped forward, to assert herself.

Jataro mumbled, "G-guys don't fight... Monaca will-"

"Shut up!" They both shouted at the boy in unison.

The girl in question came in between the scuffling duo, holding out her arms. "Stop that!"

"Nozomi? Oh, look! Speak of the devil." Kotoko nudged Nagisa, earning an annoyed look from him.

"The only time you guys ever talk to Jataro is to tell him to shut up, that's not very friendly of you two is it?" She referenced Monaca's constant whining about the Warriors of Hope having to get along. She held Jataro's arm out to them.

Nagisa and Kotoko stared at her in mutual confusion, "Do you want us to shake his hand...?" Nagisa pointed at the stretched-out arm.

"Yes. Reconcile." She ordered.

"Well sorry teacher Nozomi," Kotoko mocked her interference, "But I'm not going to." She asserted, turning away with (partly) playful anger.

Nagisa hesitantly reached his hand out to get this uncomfortable confrontation over with.

"I know that friends joke around and all but if you're mean to somebody so often they might start thinking it's serious you know!" She said, frowning at the two.

The stubborn girl muttered under her breath, "That's because I do mean it."

Jataro was definitely in the most awkward position throughout this entire conversation, he was just standing there not knowing how to react.

Nozomi heard what Kotoko said and quietly sighed, "Sorry for the lecture, you guys were talking about me?" She let go of the poor masked boy's hand. They both stiffened up, "No, why would you think that?" The pink-haired girl laughed.

"You literally said, 'speaking of the devil'". She eyed them suspiciously.

"No, actually she said 'speak of the devil'" Nagisa corrected her in an attempt to sway the conversation away from the current topic.

"Does it make a difference?!" She whined.

Masaru, who was watching the boring tussle take place in front of him was getting restless, "You guys are boring. Let's go play, Jataro." He dragged the boy away. Today really isn't Jataro's day, is it...