Chapter 13

(Think of this chapter as your gift for Nagisa's birthday this October 23rd :> OH AND this CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED WITH A NEW SCENE, INDICATED BY "(EDITED!)" !!)

Previously on 'A Starlit Gaze'...

"You know what? I'll go talk to him right now, I'd like to repay this favour, Let me know if you have any dish you want me to make for you! Bye-bye!" She waved to him and ran out of the garden.

"Does she even know where to go?" Jataro wondered.

She quickly realised that she, in fact, did not know where to go. She wandered around aimlessly, deep in thought until another familiar face showed up.

"Hey, Zozo!" The figure waved and ran over to Nozomi. "Whatcha doin'?" 

Sighing upon remembering what she blurted out to Nagisa earlier, she said, "Just on my way to apologize to Nagisa."

"Apologise?" Kotoko scoffed and kept her hands on her hips, "Why? That man isn't worth an apology." 

"I think I overstepped my boundaries with a joke I said, so..." She looked at her feet as if she was hiding from Kotoko's judgement. "Jataro told me to-"

"Stop." She shushed Nozomi with her fingers. "You took advice on socialising from Jataro of all people?? Especially when I am right here???" She looked at Nozomi with an offended expression on her face. 

Nozomi straightened up.

"Listen." She asserted, looking around to see if anyone was eavesdropping. Deciding that it was better to be safe than sorry, she grabbed Nozomi's arm and started to walk through the hallway. Despite not knowing where she was dragged to, Nozomi thought it was best not to question it.

After a while of strolling about and chatting between themselves about random topics, they finally reached a familiar pink door.

"Let's just talk here!" She opened the door to her room. Strutting inside, she jumped on her bed with Nozomi following behind her, carefully sitting on the edge.

"Weren't we talking the whole time though?" Nozomi asked, puzzled.

Kotoko looked at her in disbelief until the realisation dawned on the ignorant girl. 

Ignoring Nozomi's pointless epiphany, "Where was I?" Kotoko asked rhetorically to gather her thoughts, "Okay, so, you don't really need to apologize to Nagisa. I can already tell what you joked about if he had such a weird reaction." 

She knew that Nagisa was pretty hard to offend so there's really only one topic that'll get him reacting like this...

Although Kotoko and the others make fun of him for his crush on Monaca quite often, it doesn't bother him since he's used to it. Perhaps considering that Nozomi is new to the group, he didn't expect her to jump on the bandwagon so soon. Maybe he was expecting her to be different.

Nozomi nodded, intently listening to the advice she was being offered. "He'll probably forget about it in a few days." Kotoko concluded. 

"Days?! " She repeated in shock.

She shrugged. "Hey, it's not that long considering you poked fun at a sensitive topic."