24 to 25 // chanlix

oh look at this, author-nim finally updating for the first time in 20 years!

also, thank you so much again for 100k views for my first stray kids short stories!

btw, i liked this song so i'm making a chapter about it.

CW // fluff and angst

—————

(Chan's POV)

Just 2 weeks ago, I saw the traces of blue and red lights that shined on my face. The sound of Felix crying broke my heart as I stood there as still like a dead animal.

I felt myself falling in and out of consciousness as I was getting picked up and rode to what would be considered my hospital. I wanted to see Felix, but I couldn't even move or even talk. I felt like I was trapped.

I couldn't do anything. I had such a bad headache, but I couldn't scream for help. I was suffering to the point where I wanted everything to be over. I obviously couldn't speak out, so I just had to sit there whilst having to deal with the unbearable pain.

Afterwards, I felt a hand on my body. I didn't know who it was because I had sight problems from the event. Thankfully, I could still hear and I was able to guess that the deep Aussie voice was Felix. I felt so happy to the point where I wanted to hold him.

"Channie-hyung..." He spoke as I heard his soft, hiccuping voice which comforted me, yet it was upsetting since I could hear him crying.

Then, I felt a drop of warm droplets on my left leg. It was probably his tears. It felt so comforting to the point where I thought he was giving me one of those warm hugs that he would do.

Just few days ago, we were cuddling whilst eating his brownies that he made. Every bite I took, it felt like I was being hugged from the inside, nearly like I was pregnant.

Of course, I was then been reminded about our 7-year-old daughter, Macy and 4-year-old son, Jamie. Then I started thinking to myself, if I lose this battle, not only I'll lose Felix, I'll lose my two beautiful children as well.

It was almost like I was in war. My body was constantly fighting to survive every day. However, I could lose anytime now, and I'd hate to see the outcome.

Not like I would be able to see anyways. I could barely see anything but darkness. I wanted to reach out to Felix, but apparently I was in such a critical condition to the point where he can't touch me as much.

I wanted to feel his touch so badly. It was something that I've been craving since the climax of the event. Then, I've heard that I'll be having a surgery. I was so scared that I wanted to scream, but I'm imprisoned in my own body. I wanted to get out so badly. I don't want to stay here.

But at the same time, I couldn't let go of Felix and our kids. So I would have to deal with it.

So I went under anaesthesia after they found out there were still brain activity going on and I didn't know what happened during that time. However, after 12 hours, I was able to look around, but movement was still limited. At least I was able to wiggle my fingers, but I couldn't move my hands.

When Felix came in, I was so happy that I was able to see his face for the first time in hours. He was all I needed.

Then, I heard familiar voices coming from his direction.

"Daddy?" It was Macy. Felix must've brought the kids along. Sadly, I still talk, but I could move my eyes. Because of that, the doctors recommended me a device that would help me communicate by typing with my eyes. It was just a tracker, but it really helped us since I was able to speak to our kids and most importantly, Felix.

"Channie-hyung, you're doing so well. I know you're going to be so well and ready for Christmas, will you?" He spoke.

I didn't know if I would be able to make it, but I didn't want to hurt him or my kids. I'd want them to have hope. I want to be there for Christmas. I'd love to celebrate with my family. If I was to die soon, I'd wish this was my last than to miss it all together. Even if I wasn't able to move the whole time or even eat with anyone else, the sounds of the kids giggling and running down the stairs at the morning of Christmas Day, the violent screech of presents getting unwrapped, or the soft bass on the speakers whilst it's playing Christmas songs would be enough for me.

Even if I would only be able to celebrate Christmas for just an hour, I'd love that as well because at least last year wasn't my last.

———

It has been 2 weeks. It should be Christmas Eve.

I was discharged from the hospital after they said there was nothing much they could do. I was going to draw one last breath eventually, so I asked to go home since I wanted to spend my last moments with my family.

It was about 9pm that Felix took the kids to their bedroom to their bedroom to sleep. I felt the touch of their bodies as they cuddled me before running up to their bedroom as fast as they could so "Santa" would give them their gifts in the morning. The sounds of the kiddies giggling as their little feet stepped all the way to their bedroom made me want to smile as it made me feel warm inside, even if I wasn't being physically comforted.

The whole time, Felix was by my side. He took me off my wheelchair and we sat at the living room couch as we watched the tv whilst the fire was being lit at our fireplace.

We cuddled the whole time until it became midnight. My wish came true. I made it to Christmas Day. I promised Felix that I will stay until then, and I did. It was the only thing I could do. Felix seemed so proud of me when he went "Channie-hyung... it's Christmas!" with a smile on his face.

We spent the whole time cuddling whilst he brushed through my dark curly hair as my head was on his lap.

Although this wasn't much, that was all I wanted at the moment. At least I had that moment with Felix. His soft, blissful touch on my body as we connect to each other soulfully.

It was minimal, yet it was something big to me.

———

I fell asleep due to comfort and woke up to Macy screaming "DADDY, DADA, IT'S CHRISTMAS!" before sensing the celling shake whilst seeing the kids running towards the Christmas tree and the sound of paper getting ripped alongside with the kids giggling throughout the 20 minutes time frame I've witnessed for.

I was all I've never wanted. Seeing my smile at the morning of Christmas Day. It was such a big deal for me since I thought I might pass away without witnessing this.

As the excitement chimed down, so did my energy. I thought I was just tired since it was literally 8am, but it turns out that I was reaching my end of life.

By seeing my kids playing with their presents from under the tree and Felix caressing my back throughout the whole scene, I'd say this would be the best time to die. I was bummed that I wouldn't be here for the Christmas dinner, but at least I was here for the most magical part of it.

Dying whilst hearing the giggles of my kids and Felix softly singing some Christmas songs was comforting enough for me and it had allowed me to rest easily knowing that my life has ended in a good note.

———