xiv. jagged edge

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:JAGGED EDGE

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
JAGGED EDGE

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

3 MONTHS LATER . . .

AS KEEGAN WAS QUICK to discover in the early days of their relationship, George Weasley was a painfully restless sleeper whose snores were loud enough to wake the whole neighbourhood. It was cute at first, in a bemused kind of way, but now it was just getting annoying.

"George," Keegan's muffled groan of her boyfriend's name went unheard when he rolled over, his shoulder nudging against her own as he settled with his head partially resting on her pillow. "George, you're hogging the blankets."

It was a cold Winter morning in London, with Christmas Day looming just around the corner. The Christmas season was stressful enough as it was. Vivian had always loved making a big deal out of it, but for the first time since Keegan was a baby and Vivian still had to share custody with Keegan's father, her daughter wasn't spending the holidays at home.

Rather, she was one sleep away from meeting her boyfriend's family for the first time.

Well, one sleep if George managed to stop snoring for even a second.

"George," Keegan huffed again, this time when he stretched out his arm and almost clocked her in the face with his loosely clenched fist. "I swear you're doing this on purpose."

A slow, deliberate smirk settled across the redheaded boy's lips. Keegan's eyes narrowed dangerously. "Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not."

At that, Keegan shoved his arm away. "You're insufferable."

"Yeah, but you love me, so..."

It was obvious George was still out to the world, his voice slurring before he drifted off into another round of snores. Still, Keegan's heart lurched as the thoughtless remark, the forbidden topic in their quickly developing romance.

It had only been three months. Sure, Keegan knew without a doubt that she loved George, she just didn't know if she was in love with him. In her head, there was a very big difference between the two. For George? Not so much.

Besides, he'd barely remember it once he managed to regain consciousness.

"Alright, that's it," Keegan mumbled, shuffling back the blankets to set herself free.

Another thing, something that used to be cute -- the key word being used. George Weasley just loved to sleep beneath a mountain of blankets. She was talking about a duvet -- no, two duvets, three woollen blankets and a sheet, and even that wasn't nearly enough. Keegan, on the other hand, felt like a butterfly wrapped up in its cocoon every time she stayed over at his flat. A single sheet, a blanket and a duvet was more than enough for her.