INTERLUDE

Bleed with me this time, 'til we bleed out

Bleed with me this time, 'til we bleed out. . .

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

KEEGAN DELANEY'S ENTIRE LIFE was like a cycle of the five stages of grief. 

First came denial. There was no way she had lost Cedric, worked so hard to put the pieces back together, only to come crashing back down to rock bottom when Death Eaters attacked her home and forced her family into hiding -- or, at least, Keegan hoped they were hiding. The alternative was death, and Keegan wasn't sure how she was meant to live in a world without not just her best friend, but her mothers and sister too.

Then came anger. She had so much going for herself, so much that would've made Cedric proud of her. She had a new job, a career to work towards, new friends. She even had a boyfriend, someone to love with her whole heart -- however much of it was left, that is. In some ways, Keegan still had George Weasley, even when everything else was lost, but war always found a way to break even the strongest of people. It was usually the love, the happiness that was snatched away first.

Which brought her to bargaining, but Keegan had long since given up on the idea of ever having the winning hand. So at the moment, she was stuck in the depression phase, and by stuck she meant super-glued into it. It was the phase of am I ever going to be happy again? and maybe it would be easier if I let the Death Eaters take me. A heartless, senseless place of darkness, sadness, with no escape but the next phase.

Acceptance. 

In some ways, Keegan had already accepted what was coming, the killing blow of one final curse. But first, she would fight to the very end, for one last achievement that would make Cedric proud.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

( BLEED OUT )

RETURNING STAR. . . 

COURTNEY EATON
as KEEGAN DELANEY
❝I will love you in the next life, as I have loved you in this one.❞

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

Disclaimer: Unfortunately, I don't own Harry Potter. All rights belong to J.K Rowling and her series. I only own my original characters, including but not limited to the Delaney family, and any plotlines you're unable to recognise.