CHAPTER 16

Ignore the mistakes

__________

"Your lawyer is coming in a few seconds." Yeonjun announced, Jeongguk sighing and nodding his head, "Alright, thank you." Then the ceo hangs the telephone up.

Soon, there was a knock. Jeongguk nervously walks up to his door, opening it to see a raven haired woman. Her eyes were hazel, only eyeliner on her lids.

She black pants and a red blouse, matching it with black heels. What was held in her hand was a file, which must be on Jeongguk's case.

"Hello." She said with a smile, and a very thick accent.

Jeongguk smiles back slightly and let's her inside the room, leading her to the chair in front of his desk then sits down in his own seat.

"Hello Mrs–"

"Just call me Inès." She says, opening the file in her lap.

"Well, hello Inès. I'm extremely happy to know that you're here to help." Jeongguk said, crossing his arms and sitting back.

Inès pulls out a paper and reads over it, "I definitely know you are. You'll be more than happy once you know that what your parents are doing, is illegal."

"It's what?" Jeongguk sits up, wide eyed.

"It's illegal, Mr.Jeon." She repeats then looks up.

"If I'm correct, you never signed this contract nor agreed to it." Inès says, raising her eyebrows.

Jeongguk nods, "Yeah, I've never agreed to marry or signed the contract. It was made when I was in college and I've been stuck with it ever since thinking that I couldn't be out." Jeongguk begun. They tell him that it could never be broken. He thought he had to go through anyways because it was apart of him becoming a ceo.

But it wasn't. At all. He could break out of this. He found out that he could. It's fucking illegal after all. And the fact that his parents lied to him. They must think he's stupid because there's no way.

It's really so simple and easy.

"I could break it. The contract is one-sided and very unfair to you. It's not enforced at all." Inès pointed out.

Jeongguk was so thankful that she could break this illegal contract. He just hope it's going to be soon. His father is so big in the industry. He's always had someone at his feet. He hopes it'll be easy.

"Could I strip him from being in power of this company too?" Jeongguk asked. It has to be a way for him not to do anything to him or Tae. And with him being mistreated and forced into a marriage, maybe this will be a bad light on his father.

He hoped there will be. People need to be aware. That man isn't a saint like he makes himself out to be to the media.

Inès nods, "Yes, actually I can definitely do that. He can be stripped with proof. We can use the contract for it, and witnesses. Has close friends and your employees seen the mistreatment?"

"They have." Jeongguk answered.

"Then you'll be out of your parents hold in no time before the wedding. I'll make sure of it." Inès smiles.

"Thank you so much, Inès. This means a lot to me." Jeongguk thanked her. Because if she hadn't agreed to helping him on a short notice, he'll be so close to being stuck.

"Don't thank me. I'm just doing my job." She waves her hand side to side, shaking her head.

She gets up and bows to Jeongguk, saying a "see you later" then leaving.

Finally, Jeongguk could get this off his shoulders and be left alone and can freely love Taehyung without something holding him down. Finally.

🥀

Taehyung felt light headed from all the flashes of that camera and the white background he had to be in on set. His head was hurting him and he's irritated by it.

Taehyung was laying back in his chair, head on his forehead, eyes closed. Sunmi walks up to him and furrowed her eyebrows. Taehyung looks extremely tired.

"We could have rescheduled if you were tired, you know. Your health comes first, Mr." Sunmi slightly scolded.

Taehyung groans and speaks lowly, eyes still closed, "I'm just feeling like this because I was in a rush this morning, I didn't eat breakfast. I can eat and take a nap to let it pass."

"Then after that, let you continue this shoot? No sir. As your manager, I'm also here to make sure you're alright. You're going home." Sunmi said.

Taehyung shakes his head, opening his eyes but then winces once he saw the bright light.

Sunmi sighs, "You can't even handle the lights here. Tae, you need to go home and rest. We'll finish the photoshoot once you feel better, okay?"

Taehyung hums, sighing deeply, "Okay."

He was fine. All he needed to do was to eat and take a nap. These days have been tiring because he's been slightly busy all day.

It's nothing serious. At least, that's what Taehyung thinks.

🥀

What's your favorite Jungkook cover? Mine is Fools (with Joon) and Paper Hearts.

Also, thank you Chrissy_Jean_ for helping me out with this information! Love you bestie 💜