Night at the Opera - Part 2 - Seb x Jim x Reader

Apologies for going AWOL for a few days. Occasionally I need a mental health day or two. But I'm feeling my normal self again, and I hope you enjoy this latest chapter. As I said before, I love the idea of Michael Fassbender in Sebastian role, so that is who I am continuing to picture.

The back of the stage was hectic. Performers, technicians, and stagehands, all milling around doing what they needed to do after the performance. The singers making their way to their dressing rooms to remove their heavy costumes and thick makeup. The technicians stowing away cables or fiddling with buttons and knobs on a large sound desk. The hands pulling unwanted backdrops up into the rafters. The whole scene a little to close and chaotic for Sebastian. The ex-army colonel preferring open spaces. Preferring to see an enemy, if one should come for himself or his boss. But James appeared to be in his element. Smiling broadly as people nodded at him respectfully, as the pair made their way through the back of house.

"Mister Moriarty!" A voice exclaimed suddenly. James placing his hand on Seb's arm as he reached into his jacket for the revolver that was held snuggly against his body. The big man quickly pushing the piece back into its holster as Jim shook his head.

"It's just the director, Seb. No need to worry." James assured. The consulting criminal slicking back his hair before turning so that he could greet the man in return.

"Mister Moriaty. I am so sorry that I couldn't come and say hello before the performance stared. But you know how it is. There are always last minute disasters that one has to deal with. Always some performer that has a meltdown before they go on stage. And unfortunately, this time, our Papageno decided that he had the worst case of stage fright, imaginable. Luckily, we had the Diva here. She managed to calm him. I swear that lady has been a godsend. Though how you persuaded her to come here from Lisbon, I still don't know. And speaking of the Diva. What did you think of her performance? I thought that it was quite sublime. Not that I expected anything less." The tall, ungainly looking man said. Sebastian finding himself drifting off, as his eyes scanned the chaos backstage for the beautiful Queen of the Night, that he so desperately wanted to meet.

"Not at all, Laurence. I completely understand. And as far as getting our beautiful Diva to perform is concerned, I am just lucky that (Y/n) and I have known one another for quite a long time. I always joked that one day I would have her sing for me in this very venue. And I must say that I could not have asked for better. But I feel that we should get an unbiased opinion. What did you think of our Queen, Seb?" James enquired. One of his wicked little smiles kissing the dark haired man's lips, as the soldier shook the thoughts from his mind at the sound of his name.

"What? Who? I, er.............." Seb spluttered, as he looked at the two expectant men.

"Our Queen of the Night, Seb. What did you think of (Y/n)'s performance?" James reiterated, as he and the director waited patiently for a reply.

"Oh, yeah. She..........she was alright, I suppose................"

"Alright.............?" The director retorted slightly indignantly, as he looked over at the large men that stood behind his boss. The Jim letting out a soft laugh.

"Oh, believe me, Laurence. Sebastian saying that (Y/n) was alright, is high praise indeed. And I am afraid that that is as good as its going to get. Even for our (Y/n). And speaking of (Y/n), I was hoping that I could possibly see her in private?" The most dangerous man in London continued. Jim letting out an amused snort, as he heard Seb huff at his comment. The Colonel not really sure that he would know the relevant words to describe how truly amazing he thought the beautiful diva was, even if pushed further.

"I just left her dressing room. She was about to get changed, and she said that she would meet you at our little first night celebration. So, why don't I take you and our, er.......... "alright" friend here, down to the bar as she asked? I am sure that some of the other backers will already be there. I know that they are all desperate to meet and speak with (Y/n) themselves. I think that Harris and Margery have been able to do nothing but talk about our Diva since they found out that she was coming back to the country. I also know that they were a little upset about not being able to speak with her during rehearsals like you were able to. But I assured them that it was nothing personal. That just like many other artistes, (Y/n) has her own superstitions, and good luck rituals. Thankfully they seemed to accept it. But I doubt that (Y/n) will be allowed to avoid them tonight." Laurence chuckled, gesturing for James and Seb to follow him. The three making their way further into the dark depths of the theatre. The director suddenly stopping and opening a door. The scene turning from a dull, none descript corridor, to a riot of sound and colour. People dressed in suits and gowns, that Sebastian was sure must have cost the equivalent of six months wages for most people. Each one turning their attention to the men that had just entered. Seb simply glaring back and hoping to goodness that no one there was an undercover police officer, or had any ill will towards his boss. The soldier wishing that he had been able to scope out the place before they had got there.

                                                           >>--------------------------------<<

Seb couldn't help but inwardly roll his eyes, as he watched his boss make sure, utilising the mirror in the far wall, that his suit was wrinkle and crease free. That the front of his white shirt was as clean as it could be. And that his bowtie was straight. He was used to Jim preening a little even at the best of times. The consulting criminal loved his Westwood's. He loved to be primped and coiffured even when going to just a normal business meeting. James always saying that it was just another subtle form of intimidation that he liked to use. But tonight, his boss appeared to be more concerned with appearance than normal. And Seb could only think that all this was being done for the breathtaking Diva. That perhaps there was something personal between the consulting criminal and the singer. Something intimate. Sebastian just hoping that he was wrong. That Jim hadn't been able to catch the eye of the beautiful woman, before he had even got chance to speak to her.

"Oh, and Seb." James said, as he finally dragged his eyes away from his own reflection.

"There is something that I have to tell you about (Y/n)..........." Jim continued. The criminal stopped from saying anything further, as the now much larger crowd around them fell silent. Jim and Seb turning to see what the caused was. The big man finding himself growling lustfully under his breath, as his eyes fell on the woman that he had wanted to meet since she had stepped foot on the stage. As his eyes fell on the Diva. On the Queen of the Night.