The wrong one - Part 13 - Greg x John x Sherlock x Reader

Greg paced. This was all taking too long. Where was the greatness, the genius of Sherlock Holmes when he needed it, when (Y/n) needed it. His sister could be goodness only knew where, and if she had been taken by Moriarty as the consulting detective had surmised, she could be.........could be.........no, he didn't want to think about that. Not that. But given the consulting criminals utter contempt for human life........No, he could not allow himself to think that. Apart from the kids, his sister was the only family that he had left, and the thought of losing her..........Greg determining that if the consulting criminal had done anything to her, he would hunt him down; he would not rest until James Moriarty had paid for his crimes.

At (Y/n)'s house, Sherlock had taken some samples of the blood that had been splattered across the wall, and soaked into the white rug by her chair; the younger Holmes not saying anything as he did his work. Not saying anything when his brother had appeared; even the usual cool and calm Mycroft seeming taken back by the scene. The older Holmes promising to see if he could pick up a sighting of (Y/n) or her possible kidnappers, on the multitude of cameras that were in the capital. Yet despite Greg hoping Sherlock would do what he did best, and within a mere matter of moments, he might know who had really taken his sister, and where she was; he had followed John and the consulting detective back to Baker Street, and had to sit, as Sherlock vanished into his mind palace. Only reappearing a short time ago, so that he could turn his attention to the blood that he had collected.

"I wish he would hurry up. My sister could be dead, and he doesn't seem to give a damn............." Greg growled, as he finally stopped pacing and turned his attention to the darkening sky, beyond the window of the flat. John not sure what to say in reply, as he looked at the detective inspector. Not sure there was anything that he could say to make Greg feel better; but he did know that Greg was wrong, Sherlock did care about (Y/n), John had seen it in the younger Holmes' face as they had made their way to her home. He had seen a look in Sherlock's eyes, that he had never seen in him before; a look of fear. Fear that he might have lost someone close to him. Fear that he might never see her again. Though, he must admit himself that he had no idea what seemed to be taking Sherlock so long. Why he had felt the need to just sit there, when every moment counted. Yet it had to be a good thing that he was looking at the blood now, right? It would mean that he might find something that could help them get (Y/n) back..........right? That soon they would be out of the flat and into the night, and the younger Lestrade would be found, safe and well............right? John almost jumping out of his skin, as the door to the loungeroom was thrown open and in rushed Sherlock. The consulting detective making his way to one of the walls and writing in large black text, some numbers. John and Greg looking at one another, as Sherlock stepped back.

"Sherlock......what..............?"

"It is a message from Moriarty; do you not see it.............?" Sherlock snapped back, as he turned to look at his friend, before looking back at the numbers. Neither the doctor nor the detective inspector sure how the numbers 9, 53, 60, 1 and 68, could make a message; but..............

"Sherlock......what about the blood..............?"

"The blood is not important, Grant. As I said, it is not (Y/n)'s. What is important is what was in the blood............." Sherlock continued, annoyed at the policeman's, at John's ignorance, as he went back to the wall and wrote some words under the numbers. Fluorine under number nine, Iodine under number fifty-three; Neodymium under number sixty, Hydrogen under number one, and Erbium under number sixty-eight.

"So.........they are numbers on the periodic table. You mean you found all those elements in the blood from (Y/n)'s house? But how is that..........?"

"You are looking, but you are not seeing, Watson. The message is in the abbreviations for these elements, not the elements themselves. Fluorine is F, Iodine is I; Neodymium is Nd, Hydrogen is H, and Erbium is Er. In other words, F. I. Nd. H. Er...............Find Her. Moriarty wants me to find (Y/n)............."

"So, she isn't dead............?" Greg asked, as he took a step towards Sherlock. The detective, for the first time since he had stepped into his sister's house, and seen the terrible scene, feeling that there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. Feeling a little hope that he would soon see his sister again soon, alive and well.

"No. This was never about killing (Y/n). He has taken your sister as a way of drawing us into another one of his little games. She is the bait. The way that he could attract the attention of all of us..........." Sherlock explained, as he allowed the pen to drop from his hand and land on the floor.

"Okay, so, find her...........you know where is she.........?" Greg continued, as he took another step towards Sherlock. His heart dropping as the younger Holmes quietly made his way over to his chair, took a seat, and closed his eyes.