The wrong one - Part 9 - Jim x Reader

"And may I say that you look beautiful, detective." Jim continued, before reaching over and picking up a little bell. A tiny jingle filling the air as the consulting criminal shook it gently before placing it back down. (Y/n) doing her best not to laugh, as she watched the rather disgruntled man, that she now knew as Sebastian, came into the room with two bowls of soup. The admittedly quite handsome red head, placing the dishes in front of her and Moriarty, before he turned to look at his boss.

"That will be all for now, thank you Sebastian. I will ring again once we are ready for the next course." Jim said. Sebastian glaring at her, as (Y/n) let out an amused snort. The tall man nodding before walking away and closing the door behind him.

"Now, as I was saying, you look quite beautiful, detective (Y/n)." Jim said again, as he took his napkin, and placed it over his lap.

"Well, thank you. Though I think that has more to do with the dress than me." (Y/n) replied, before placing her own napkin over her legs.

"I doubt that, I am sure that you would look as equally good without it." Jim continued, a small smile pulling at the corner of his lips, as he raised his spoon to his mouth. (Y/n) doing all she could to stop herself from rolling her eyes at the comment. The detective wondering if this this silver-tongued crap worked on other women.

"Well, may I return the compliment...........That light grey Westwood is certainly a choice. It makes such a refreshing change from all those boring old traditional dark suits. It certainly brings out the crazy in your eyes." (Y/n) replied, before bringing her own spoon to her lips. Doing her best to ignore the sound of Greg's voice in her head, that was telling her to shut the hell up, and to spot poking the psychotic bear.

"You really aren't scared of me, are you..............?"

"Why would I be...........? I've already told you that you have the wrong one if you want to hurt Sherlock. You know as well as I do, that neither of the Holmes' really care about anyone but themselves. That no matter what he and I might have done together, he cares more about not being seen as emotional or sentimental, than my wellbeing. And let's face it, you can only kill me once..........James." She explained, before taking another mouthful. (Y/n) sure that she would have to compliment the chef on the wonderful soup, if she lived long enough to see out the desert.

"You do know that the path to death can be a long one filled with all manner of horrors.................?" Jim said, as he finished his soup and dabbed at his lips, with the crisp, white napkin.

"Oooooooo. If you are insinuating things like torture and your men forcing themselves on me, don't you think that that is a little beneath you? I mean, anyone can do that, it's a little cliché, wouldn't you say. I would have thought, given what I do know of you, that you would come up with something a little different. Something a little more unique. But what do I know. Perhaps it is safer following the tried-and-true methods. Though I wouldn't have thought it would do much for you reputation. Not something that the world's only consulting criminal would want on his resume." (Y/n) interrupted, as she herself finished the soup.

"Ah, but no one would know about it.............." Jim smiled, as he sat back in his chair a little, before placing his arms on the arms of the rather grand chairs that they sat in.

"Very true. Yet you, would remember. To be honest, I think you're the kind of man that could just kill me, then simply forget about me. Especially if what I tell you is true, and I do mean nothing to Sherlock. You are a psychopath, after all. But there would always be that little voice at the back of your mind, telling you that you should have done something better, wouldn't there? That just in case I am lying, you should have dispatched the woman, that your arch nemesis might possibly feel something for, in a much more dramatic fashion. Perhaps..........even in front of him.........So that you can see the look on his face. Oh, and the soup was excellent, by the way................"

Jim couldn't help but smile. She did have a point. There was no real fun in just shooting her in the head, or as she had said, using the tried-and-true method. For if she was lying, and Sherlock did care about her, none of that would be quite enough. None of that would be like having the pleasure of seeing the horror on the younger Holmes' face, if he were to actually have to watch her die. That..........and well, he was finding himself more and more intrigued by the younger Lestrade, with every moment he spent with her. Not surprised that even the virginal Sherlock had found himself drawn to her. Jim having to admit that he really would like to see what wonders were beneath the soft material of the dress.

"Well, we shall have to see, won't we. Now, perhaps we should move on to the second course?" Jim replied, as he once again took the bell in his hand. The little tinkling sound filling the air. (Y/n) breathing a sigh of relief, yet doing her best to not let the ever observant criminal see. Doing her best to control her rapidly beating heart.

"Ah, Sebastian. We are ready for the next course. And please pour a glass of wine for our guest. I am sure that she will appreciate it. It will go so well with the scallops, my dear.................."