Night at the opera - Part 3 - Sebastian x Reader

Seb could feel his heart pound violently, as the beautiful woman gracefully pushed her way through the crowd. Each person shaking her hand, and showering her with praise, as she passed. Her smile never slipping, as she replied to all the comments. As she thanked the people for coming and all their support. Her smile only growing broader as her gaze fell on Jim. The consulting criminal returning an equally broad smile, as he slowly made his way towards her.

"James." The diva said softly, as the two of them stood in front of one another. The consulting criminal eyes closing, as the singer threw himself into her arms.

"You came............."

"Of course, I came, my nightingale. Did you really expect me not to come? I have been waiting so long to see you on that stage." James replied, as his fingers combed through her hair.

"So......? What did you think?" The diva asked nervously, as she pulled away. Sebastian continuing to watch her, as she remained in James arms.

"Hmmmmmmm. What did I think.......?" James mussed. Seb a little shocked, as his boss yet out an amused chuckle when the beautiful woman in his arms jokingly smacked his arm.

"James. Don't tease......."

"There is not a sufficient enough word to tell you how truly wonderful I think you were, my angel. As always, you were magnificent." James finally responded. Seb again a little shocked at the genuine feeling in the feared criminal's voice. At the caring look in his eyes.

"Oh, yes..........." James continued, as he remembered that Seb was stood just to the side of him.

"My angel, I would like you to meet Sebastian." James added, as he turned (Y/n) to look at Seb. The breath once again catching in his throat, as he looked into her eyes. As he took in the full glory of her visage. The diva seeming to be as taken aback as he was. Her breath appearing to become short, as she looked up at him. Her teeth biting deep into her bottom lip, as she pulled away from James, and made her way over to Seb. Holding out her hand for him to take. Electricity pulsating through his body, as his flesh touched hers.

"So........you are the much spoken of, but never seen Sebastian Moran? Sometimes I thought that James was making this mysterious right hand man of his, up. That you were little more than a flight of his imagination. Yet.......here you are. In real life. It's a pleasure to finally meet you Mister Moran." (Y/n) said softly. A pink hue creeping up onto her cheeks, as Seb moved her hand so that he could softly kiss her knuckles. His blue eyes looking up through his brown lashes. His orbs never wanting to leave her face. The world, the noise and even James seeming to disappear, as the two moved a little closer. As Seb's grip on her hand grew a little tighter. The two now almost standing toe to toe, as finally Seb managed to formulate some words in reply.

"It's Seb, please.........And it's a delight to meet you too. Though I am afraid I didn't know about you before I was made to come here, tonight. But if I had............."

"James! You didn't tell Sebastian about me? How could you? And you dragged him here? Really James..........." (Y/n) scolded, as she turned to look at Jim. The consulting criminal looking a little uncomfortable, as he was chastised by the beautiful woman.

"It isn't that I didn't want to tell Sebastian about you, it was just that with my business and coming to watch you and the rehearsals, I got a little side-tracked. And I didn't drag him here. You said you wanted to meet him. So, I brought him. And anyway, he could do with a little more culture in his life." James replied, as he moved to (Y/n)'s side and placed his arm around her shoulder.

"But now you have met him, what do you think?" James continued, as he joined (Y/n) in looking up at the ex-colonel.

"I think............I think that he is very impressive." (Y/n) replied, as she smiled at Seb. Sebastian not sure what to think of the look in her eyes, yet sure that his gaze was mirroring hers. And if the same emotions were bombarding her. Then Seb was sure that this could prove to be one of the best nights of his life.

"Well, that is certainly one adjective to describe him. And perhaps it is about time that I introduced you properly. So.........Sebastian, I would like you to meet (Y/f/n) (Y/l/n). My fiancée." James announced. Seb sure that his heart had broken with just those two little words. (Y/n) giving him a soft sad smile, as he looked between her and his boss.

"Your..........your fiancée........?"

"Yes." James replied happily, as he took (Y/n)'s left hand and showed the marksman the large diamond that sat proudly on her finger.

"I asked her last night. And she did me the honour of saying, yes." James continued. As he kissed her knuckles.

"Fiancée.........?" Seb asked again, as he looked at (Y/n). Not wanting to believe it. Hoping that Jim was just joking. That somehow this had just turned into a terrible dream. That it hadn't just become the worst night of his life in the blink of an eye. His heart dropping, as the singer gave him a slow nod in reply.

"Yes. Wonderful, isn't it...........?" (Y/n) told him. James thankfully not appearing to notice her sad tone, as she and Seb just looked at one another. The criminal's attention caught by the director make his way over to them.

"Mister Moriarty. (Y/n). I was hoping whether I could steal our beautiful diva from you for a few moments. There are so many people that wish to speak with her." Laurence asked, as he came up to the trio. (Y/n) reluctantly moving her eyes from Seb, as she turned to look at the tall, ungainly man.

"Of course, Laurence. I have the rest of my life to spend with our beautiful Queen of the Night, so I see no reason why I should not let you steal her for a short while." James agreed, as he placed a kiss to (Y/n)'s cheek.

"Of course. A queen's work is never done. I shall see you soon, my love. And.......I hope that we will now be able to get to know one another better, Sebastian." (Y/n) concurred. Returning James kiss, before giving Seb one last look, before she allowed Laurence to lead her away.